Met with...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This morning I met with the head of our local and the DM. They confirmed that while in progression drivers get the 70 cent raises, the actual progression raises trump it...so as an example drivers who have had a progression raise since August didn't see a raise in this week's check...so
1) In-progression drivers will get 2 raises a year. If your seniority date is say April 1, you'll get a 70 cent raise this august then your progression raise will be tiny (unless it's the top pay one)
2) The DM & head of our local both said their understanding was that any existing drivers would be brought to starting driver pay. Having less than 2 years driving I'm only at 18.45, which is less than a driver starting today is making...They both said they're going to go up the ladder and try to see if all drivers can at least be brought to new driver starting pay and get back to me.

Future

Victory Ride
This morning I met with the head of our local and the DM. They confirmed that while in progression drivers get the 70 cent raises, the actual progression raises trump it...so as an example drivers who have had a progression raise since August didn't see a raise in this week's check...so
1) In-progression drivers will get 2 raises a year. If your seniority date is say April 1, you'll get a 70 cent raise this august then your progression raise will be tiny (unless it's the top pay one)
2) The DM & head of our local both said their understanding was that any existing drivers would be brought to starting driver pay. Having less than 2 years driving I'm only at 18.45, which is less than a driver starting today is making...They both said they're going to go up the ladder and try to see if all drivers can at least be brought to new driver starting pay and get back to me.
Did they buy you Breakfast ????

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

TT, Are you a steward?

blackcircle

I'm still locked into TCD rate. I went full time after last August so I only get 85% of that $0.70 raise. If what you're saying is true then hopefully I get the $0.70 this August as I wasn't expecting anything.

Quigley

Had another meeting this morning with the Center Manager and Business Agent. This is what was decided.

If you were in progression prior to Aug 1 2013, you get the .70 raise. If after getting the .70 you stll make less then the new rate, then you go to the new rate.
Example: Driver started June 2013 $16.10, after seniority $17.25, Aug 1 .70=$17.95, new rate is $18.75 so driver goes to $18.75.

Now I know there will people here say thats all wrong. Thats fine if you want to get payed less then this then do nothing. Me on the other hand will be happy to see my fellow drivers get the bigger checks.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I was in a 2 year progression back in the late 80's and that got screwed up. Ended up getting a check when it was all figured out. This confusion is nothing new.

Quigley

No, but I am.
You are right you shouldnt be making less then the new guy. My center manager and BA both agree that drivers on the old progression should be making the new wage rates. I will find out first part of next week whether Labor also agrees. I will let you know.