0-4 year, 9.5 driver....

BrownTexas

And go...

I am a 0-4 year full-time driver. Under the 2008 contract I have 9.5 protection by just getting on the 9.5 list. This list only exists in my center if you get violated and then wish to opt-in to the list.

Our center is currently using whatever contract benefits them more and it seems that the local is choosing to take grievances applying to the new contract (assuming because they believe by the time the grievance is heard the new contract will be in affect).

New Contract states:

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

Obviously I do not qualify for (3).

(1) is a no brainer.

My question is... has anyone actual won a grievance over (2).

Inthegame

And go...

I am a 0-4 year full-time driver. Under the 2008 contract I have 9.5 protection by just getting on the 9.5 list. This list only exists in my center if you get violated and then wish to opt-in to the list.

Our center is currently using whatever contract benefits them more and it seems that the local is choosing to take grievances applying to the new contract (assuming because they believe by the time the grievance is heard the new contract will be in affect).

New Contract states:

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

Obviously I do not qualify for (3).

(1) is a no brainer.

My question is... has anyone actual won a grievance over (2).
The language you're asking about is not being used so no one has grieved it yet. Your local cannot apply non-ratified language.

upssouth

Out dated I know but I won several 95 grievances using the second bullet in conjunction with seniority violation grievances