0% = No Raise

DontThrowPackages

I was shocked to hear we are getting are unused sick pay this year. The real shocker, for me, would be IF we received a raise this year or the next for that matter.

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

I think 0% is being optimistic. I foresee industry wide pay cuts. How about -1 %? There's your cost of living. We get cost of living increases at ground too. Of course, volume goes up every quarter as well. I started out doing 85-95 city stops and at most 7 pick ups. Im now up to 115 stops on a good day, and anywhere from 10-15 pickups. 11 hour days easy. Thats if we dont cheat DOT times.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think 0% is being optimistic. I foresee industry wide pay cuts. How about -1 %? There's your cost of living. We get cost of living increases at ground too. Of course, volume goes up every quarter as well. I started out doing 85-95 city stops and at most 7 pick ups. Im now up to 115 stops on a good day, and anywhere from 10-15 pickups. 11 hour days easy. Thats if we dont cheat DOT times.

As always, anything we get in terms of a raise will be more than offset by takeaways or increased costs elsewhere. The net effect is a lower wage and less take-home pay, a trend that is the Express norm. Considering the fact that MEM thinks the DRA mess is due to "bad attitude" couriers and not systemic error, we will get a big, fat zero come October. Watch for a tearful wringing of hands saying "WE ARE BROKE" (again).

Bankrupt

We have been down this road before,THERE WILL BE NO RAISES! Anyone who think there will is naive. Express is in full throttle cut back mode. Any sort of raise would be offset and undercut by less hours and higher healthcare premiums anyway. I doubt they would try slash pay for hourly that can be accomplished by the above mentioned means,however ops mgrs and the like could be asked to give back. How long will they continue to by the PSP bs is another question. This ship is about to capsizecapsize

jmeti000

Must be nice to have 11 hrs to do that. I come in at 7:30am to load my own truck, leave the building about 9am. My average stops count in in the mid 90's to 100+...roughly 75 del and 25 pups per day, and I get to do it all by 430pm so I can be back to load the outbound feeder...so lets see, you have 11 hrs to do what I do in 8.5. Cry me a river somewhere else.