$1,000 Friday after thanksgiving club.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Between yesterday and today I worked 22 1/2 double time hours in addition to the 12 time and a half ot hours M-W.

Keep setting them up UPS and I'll knock them down.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Never got my meet point. Had to two trip. Going to be just shy of 1000.

Don't want to be here but I was required to show up and over dispatched by 60 stops.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I don't believe we got o/t after eight hours and fourty for the week. Wouldn't that be pryamiding o/t?
They asked if I wanted to go help someone, I said sure, but they couldnt find anyone who needed help, and it is Friday, it is cold, and really no amount of money was worth staying out late, Happy weekend all.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Actually you can increase your withholding before thanksgiving and let it ride to the end of the year and the effect when it comes time to file your taxes will be minimal. Change it back for the first check of the new year.

As far as the club, I'm in for a grand for today, eleven hundred for tomorrow, and starting before midnight Sunday night so that'll be another double time day. They can change all the holidays they want and I'll bleed them on every one.
I am going to try this, I know I wont owe. And isnt that the best way? I have 12 grandkids to buy for, so thats what I am doing, lol.

M

Mike hunt

Let's do this!!!! I have a feeling some of our members can reach this on Friday. This being first double time for all hours worked on a "regular workday" which includes ground deliveries and pick ups(plus the paid 8 hours) . Let's post our earnings for the day. I have a feeling there will be some 1 day records set!!!!!
image.jpg
I worked 7:42 plus holiday.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Ignore the paper version.

My Life and Career

My Money

View Your Paycheck

View Your Paycheck

W-4 Tax Information

Change Withholdings to 9

Hit Submit

Make sure to change back next Wednesday after you get off work.
Please stop advising people to be fraudulent on the forum. I realize you're not the only one who does it, but you're encouraging people to perjure themselves and make false statements to their employer and the Federal government. Stating you have 9 dependents is dishonesty and perjury, which could result in termination for dishonesty as well as large fines and jail time:

9.1.3.3.6 (05-15-2008)
26 USC §7205 - Fraudulent Withholding Exemption Certificate or Failure to Supply Information

1. Title 26 USC §7205 prohibits the willful supplying of false or fraudulent information to an employer on a withholding exemption certificate (Form W-4), as well as the willful failure to supply information that would require an increase in withholding.
  2. Under 26 USC §7205, a violation of the statute is punishable by a maximum fine of $1,000 or imprisonment of not more than one year, or both. However, the criminal fine provisions under 18 USC §3571 increase the maximum permissible fines for a violation of 26 USC §7205 to not more than $100,000 for individuals and $200,000 for corporations. Alternatively, if any person derives pecuniary gain from the offense, or if the offense results in pecuniary loss to a person other than the defendant, the defendant may be fined not more than the greater of twice the gross gain or twice the gross loss.

tramtwo

I'm a TCD and they only let me work 5 hours. I did drive all week so today was 8 hours holiday pay and double time @ 5. So I made just a shade over 500 bucks today. I also caught an 8 hour windfall for yesterday. As a PT I'll take it. This was the easiest week ever. I worked 3 and a half days and will gross about 1900.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Please stop advising people to be fraudulent on the forum. I realize you're not the only one who does it, but you're encouraging people to perjure themselves and make false statements to their employer and the Federal government. Stating you have 9 dependents is dishonesty and perjury, which could result in termination for dishonesty as well as the following:

I'm sorry, what are you babbling about?

Withholdings and the number of dependents you have are not necessarily one in the same.

Where in my post did I advise people to be fraudulent on their tax returns?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Didn't mean to rub it in. I did my six hours and went home. I just know that I won't be home at a decent time til after peak.
You didn't, I'm just pulling your leg, I actually could have been in much earlier but decided to milk it. I stopped working that day 15years ago, it felt weird out there. Next year vacation that week.