$1,000 Friday after thanksgiving club.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yes, I'm serious. Changing your W-4 to take advantage of a higher than normal work week is smart planning. I zero out my 401k and raise my W-4 to 9 before each and every vacation. I would have done the same for today if I were not on vacation this week.
It is not smart planning--it is illegal, dishonest and perjury. I already posted the applicable section of the US Code that clearly tells you what you're doing and telling others to do is illegal and perjury. It also tells you the statement you're making is under penalty of perjury right on the W-4.
xr22s.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Right. People's households change. New children are born. People get married and divorced. There are legitimate reasons to update your W-4. To pay less in taxes for a week isn't one of them.

bumped

It is not smart planning--it is illegal, dishonest and perjury. I already posted the applicable section of the US Code that clearly tells you what you're doing and telling others to do is illegal and perjury. It also tells you the statement you're making is under penalty of perjury right on the W-4.
xr22s.jpg

Is it illegal to have a withholding of 1 on my check when it actually is 4.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Is it illegal to have a withholding of 1 on my check when it actually is 4.
It's illegal to make a false statement. If you want more to be deducted, you shouldn't do it by falsely entering your exemptions. There is a field to enter an additional amount you want withheld. I highly doubt they'd come after you for letting them hold onto too much of your money until tax time, but the proper method is to follow the instructions on the form/worksheet.

This morning wasn't bad here. It was over 32 degrees but as the day went on the melted snow and mush melted then it got down in the 20s and refroze as patches of ice all over the place and on people's wooden steps. That was rough.
We had a little snow,yesterday. Melted and froze again,a little more snow on top of it.