$1,000 Friday after thanksgiving club.

upssouth

the advantage is you get more money on your "net pay"

The government will still get their cut. We know how much you will get taxed now, however by deferring your tax to many years later you may make out well. I guess changing filing status can look good un short term but in the lt it would be more wise and beneficial to max 401k for a pay period. In addition it is easier to miss the cutoff on the pp for changing a filing status.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Adjusting your 401K should be done NLT 10 days before the pay period in question. The W-4 should be adjusted anytime Thursday-Tuesday before the pay period in question.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Adjusting your 401K should be done NLT 10 days before the pay period in question. The W-4 should be adjusted anytime Thursday-Tuesday before the pay period in question.

Breakin' the law, breakin' the law...
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1417396637.602165.jpg

Sent using a Potato

wayfair

swollen member
The government will still get their cut. We know how much you will get taxed now, however by deferring your tax to many years later you may make out well. I guess changing filing status can look good un short term but in the lt it would be more wise and beneficial to max 401k for a pay period. In addition it is easier to miss the cutoff on the pp for changing a filing status.

I believe I finished paying the gov't with taxes maybe in August... I still will get a return in April