1/2 cent extra

jack4ever

UPS4Lifer
So I took a look at my check on the UPSers website, and it showed a wage increase of .37. I knew, of course that half of .75 was .375, and upon calculating my pay, indeed the raise is .375. The stub itself shows a .37 increase (I guess it rounds to two decimal places), but the calculations do add up and the raise is .375. Amazing. I remembered seeing a thread earlier where many UPSers believed we'd get gypped for the first half of the year, and not get our extra 1/2 cent.

The reason I had the raise on this upcoming check is because I have a vacation next week, and I had been paid for it at my previous payrate, and so the additional compensation was paid out because my vacation is after the raise was in effect.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The biggest concern is that uncaring, greedy UPS not get it's hands on that $0.225. :biting:
If UPS did, that could have paid for Scott's salary. :funny:

there you go again with the jabs...are you sure you dont have something to get off your chest????:wink2:

brownIEman

or maybe it could have paid for my raise this year? Sometimes, UPS' failing is that it is NOT a greedy money grupping organization. Vision indeed.

Just for fun, next contract everyone insist that the raise be exactly equal to Pi, lets see payroll figure that crap out...