1.8% profit last quarter at express.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I still believe we may one day find out what the courier position is all about. In time. Perhaps not too distant future.

What you will discover is that it is far beyond what your drivers do now. Much more complicated due to multiple service levels and on-call pickups. They want you to think it's easy and that technology will pave the way. That's being proven false with DRA.

IsItME

Of course you are welcome here. I just also remembeer you discussing the fact that you may be limited in what you could say due to a non disclosure agreement. But I'm sure you are safe to post anything you want here.
Basically, you can't bad mouth the company, ever be rehired or sue the company. I've seen so much of the internal working of this company and how it makes decisions to deal with the employees. It's an extremely important story to be told so risking legal action from the company might be worth it if there's enough for a book. Will 100,000 people buy a book on what goes on and how to protect themselves from HR, management and corporate legal departments? I can teach anyone to bog down all three departments on a level that derails all their efforts and can keep you employed years after the company wants you gone.

vantexan

as long as the populace can be bought off with beer, big screen TVs, and Wii consoles, the robber baron class is quite safe.

At the rate it's going the populace won't be able to afford beer, giant LCD's, and video games. And hell hath no fury like sober rednecks.

bbsam

Staff member
At the rate it's going the populace won't be able to afford beer, giant LCD's, and video games. And hell hath no fury like sober rednecks.
That's the genius of the robber barons (and oil companies). They get to control bow much of their money you get to use to buy their crap. On credit of course.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Will 100,000 people buy a book on what goes on and how to protect themselves from HR, management and corporate legal departments? I can teach anyone to bog down all three departments on a level that derails all their efforts and can keep you employed years after the company wants you gone.
just let me know when and where I can pre-order my copy.

hypo hanna

I hope tomorrow one day leave my business to my childrenbso that they can dominate and subjugate their peers.

Make sure you leave them plenty of extra for personal security. Starving peasants have a nasty habit of rising up violently against their oppressors.

bbsam

Staff member
Make sure you leave them plenty of extra for personal security. Starving peasants have a nasty habit of rising up violently against their oppressors.

they do have a nasty habit of posting great plans and ideas about glorious revolt, but it doesn't often happen.

purplesky

A decades old model that will soon be forced to change or be seriously challenged for market share (if they aren't already).

bbsam be careful what you wish for.:wink2: If UPS ever decides(or needs) to start a pricing war against FDX watchout. Its easy right now for FDX ground to go in and undercut UPS with the slave wages being paid at ground.

BUT, Can FDX really pay the ground drivers any less? NO. GUESS WHO WOULD BE TAKING A BIG PAYCUT WITH A NEW UPS MODEL? THE GROUND ROUTE OWNERS. Fred S SURE WONT BE.

In this new brave UPS model world UPS drivers would make $25hr with no pension and no health insurance. Try and undercut that model paying your box monkeys $600week.:wink2: YOU REALLY HAVE ZERO WIGGLE ROOM.

I have a feeling FDX ground will still be chasing UPS for another 15 years and by that time Walmart,Amazon,Target,etc will offer their own free delivery in every city in this country so UPS and FDX will eventually be shippers and retailers. ITS GOING TO HAPPEN FOLKS. Walmart will not survive unless they build a shipping system of their own. Walmart could easily(they have the cash)just duplicate the ground model and just do what FDX does with ground. Hire Walmart delivery contractors nationwide who have their own trucks and dont really work for Walmart(cough cough).

Obviously UPS and FDX will both be alive and well in 15 years but consumers are going to have alot more delivery choices to get their stuff. Should be interesting.

bbsam

Staff member
I know from other forums that you have a love affair with the idea that UPS and FDX are going into the retail business. I don't see that happening. Watch how it plays out. Amazon will soon tire of this experiment. Everyone isn't going to be everything to everybody.

vantexan

All those revolts have led us right to where we have always been. And judging by the time frames between, I'd still say they are relatively infrequent and dispersed.

The Russian Revolution was the catalyst for much of the social upheaval of the 20th Century. I don't think the U.S. is at the edge of revolution, but if the middle class keeps shrinking no telling what could happen in 40 or 50 years. As you know I've done alot of research on living in Latin America. There are ambitious men there who are stymied in efforts to improve their lot by a small elite that control most of the wealth. The result was the rise of drug cartels as well as often violent kidnappings of the wealthy. Just driving around in an expensive automobile puts you at risk in many larger cities. There are consequences to hogging the wealth, and they won't go away with a disinterested shrug. Even with the crime we have in the States there's a reasonable expectation when we leave our homes that we'll reach our destination safely, day or night. It's highly recommended in Latin America not to travel at night as chances of being a victim of crime go way up. People there have plain looking exteriors to their homes, even if the interiors are luxurious. Remember the guy in Romancing the Stone who invited them in to his home and it was super nice inside? Typical of the way the wealthy live there. This constant push to live extravagantly at the expense of the poor will have profound cultural implications down the road.

bbsam

Staff member
If you want to talk about revolution, look what happens. The ruling class is overthrown to give rise to another ruling class and the cycle begins again. What hasn't changed is the fact of one class subjugating another. Please, show me a time and place where that has not been the norm.

vantexan

If you want to talk about revolution, look what happens. The ruling class is overthrown to give rise to another ruling class and the cycle begins again. What hasn't changed is the fact of one class subjugating another. Please, show me a time and place where that has not been the norm.

Which is why we should be working towards a more egalitarian society instead of this constant cycle of dominance and upheaval. Marxism tried and failed. But did we defeat Marxism only to have a master/servant society? Is this what so many Americans died for, the right to take advantage of others to the point that a clear, permanent underclass is evolving? There have always been poor people, but now a huge segment of the population is being forced into a poor existence so that another large segment can do well. We are back on the path of an aristocracy and their henchmen subjugating everyone else. Who knew America's biggest enemies were within our own citizenry?

hypo hanna

Because this is the way it has always been we shouldn't strive for something better?