1 address 4 different houses, What would you do?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We do not have 911 here, and my pkgs always get left at the side porch when my reg driver isnt on. It makes sense, except I dont have a side porch, I know my neighbor, I never fault the driver. the mailbox is in front of that guys house, but I live off the next street. So if its real important I demand sig only, otherwise I trek next door, Im sure that is what they do too.

satellitedriver

I feel your pain.
I spent my first year as a cover driver on country routes.
The paved road would end and there would be twenty mailboxes and three dirt roads spread out like a chickens foot.
Drove many a mile inquiring house to house.

tarbar66

I feel your pain.
The paved road would end and there would be twenty mailboxes and three dirt roads spread out like a chickens foot.

Your experiences sound like mine. I would ask where someone lived and I'd go there only to be told UPS never delivers here, everything gets left in town at the general store. I made sure to make a note of that alternate delivery stop and that general area.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We do not have 911 here, and my pkgs always get left at the side porch when my reg driver isnt on. It makes sense, except I dont have a side porch, I know my neighbor, I never fault the driver. the mailbox is in front of that guys house, but I live off the next street. So if its real important I demand sig only, otherwise I trek next door, Im sure that is what they do too.
I hope you don't get the rocket scientists we had. We have a State Route 12 that runs from Utica to Clayton. These 'rocket scientists' decided to name the road Rt. 12N and Rt. 12S, with Watertown being the break point. Then, they proceeded to give 5000 addresses possibilities same number range, ​on either side of the city. So, Bradley Street Rd(12N) gets converted to Rt. 12N in the system and Gotham Street Rd(Rt. 12S) the same. Problem is the system didn't recognize the N & S. That was fun for 4 years.
Not!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I am delivering a rural back country mountain route for peak, and I am running into a lot of deliveries where there is 1 address and four or five structure on the same property with people living in them. Its frustrating. I go to one house and they tell me its that house across the way, then I come back the next day and its a different house. Then the next day i ask them if they can label their address and they yell at me for asking. How do you drivers handle stops like these? Also how do you handle stops that don't put up an address at all? Its pissing me off and taking up valuable daylight.
Stealth mode. Drop and run.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I feel your pain.

We have an area that is like that. 20 mail boxes lined up at a 4 way intersection. The houses (for the most part) are quite easy to find because of the 911 addresses. There is one that never gets delivered to the house though. When you get to all the mailboxes, there is one steel box in the middle of all the mailboxes. It's not marked in any way. For the longest time I didn't know why it was even there. Until......................................... I had a delivery for that customer. NOW I know why that box is there. LMAO

barnyard

KTM rider
The 911 rules are implemented in this county. I think some of these people don't want to be found.

I am kind of in the middle of John Birch Society territory. 911 has been implemented and the county has put up signs. There are some that tear down their signs as soon as the county puts it up. They think it will make it harder for the revenewers to find them.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Stealth mode. Drop and run.

I use this mode often when I get a parcel that looks a lot like an accordion. Too embarrassed to hand a package that has been mangled to a customer. Sneak up to the house, drop parcel, pretend to ring doorbell and walk briskly back to the package car.

Indecisi0n

I use this mode often when I get a parcel that looks a lot like an accordion. Too embarrassed to hand a package that has been mangled to a customer. Sneak up to the house, drop parcel, pretend to ring doorbell and walk briskly back to the package car.

Press next to the door bell and run, LOL.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would sheet the package as "need directions" or "no such number" and give them to an address correction clerk.

If the customers continually had to deal with delays and address correction clerks every time they ordered a package, they might become "motivated" to do something about their problem and put up some sort of signs or unit numbers. You arent psychic, and you cannot be expected to properly deliver to a customer that refuses to have a clearly visible address on their home.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I am kind of in the middle of John Birch Society territory. 911 has been implemented and the county has put up signs. There are some that tear down their signs as soon as the county puts it up. They think it will make it harder for the revenewers to find them.
Hillbillies................................. just saying.

Brownsfan

We were told we coulndt use need directions. Can you use it at your center sober? Overall i like your idea the best. I am just a human with eyes, niot a mind reading robot. lol

I would sheet the package as "need directions" or "no such number" and give them to an address correction clerk.

If the customers continually had to deal with delays and address correction clerks every time they ordered a package, they might become "motivated" to do something about their problem and put up some sort of signs or unit numbers. You arent psychic, and you cannot be expected to properly deliver to a customer that refuses to have a clearly visible address on their home.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We were told we coulndt use need directions. Can you use it at your center sober? Overall i like your idea the best. I am just a human with eyes, niot a mind reading robot. lol

Try "Need better address-apartment#" as a non-delivery option.