1 dead, 5 injured after truck hits motorcycles

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree. There are way too many distracted drivers on the roads these days. In my state, it's illegal for commercial truck drivers to use a hand-held phone while driving, yet I see it happening all day long. As long as this continues, there will be tragedies like this. I'm not sure what the solution is, but something has to change!

Headsets and bluetooth?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ive gone to work with 7-8 hrs sleep and have had the hardest time staying awake all night. stop for power naps or stopping frequently to run around trailers to keep myself alert for another 50 miles.

also have had many nights with 3-4 hours sleep and have been wide awake all night with no problem.

I think it has a lot to do with your biorythisms. in the future they will attach a machine to your brain and see that your brain waves are right before you can drive.

Wu*?

moldsporh

Unreal....thoughts and prayers to their families and friends.

I'm waiting to hear if the truck driver was running multiple log books...that's the part that upsets me about truck drivers. Trying to go on an hour or 2 of sleep to make the extra coin.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
if they find ANYTHING wrong about this driver he is going to prison.

that is why I always told my fellow feeder drivers to stay legal.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
That driver was charged with two misdemeanor deaths by motor vehicle. Betting that his log book comes back looking all kinds of :censored2:ed up.

Condolences to the drivers' families in Burtonsville, MD.

trickpony1

News article said he was charged with felony hit and run.

....and there were no witness'.....really?

I would be interested if any blood lab work was done on the driver(s).

Last edited:

Bottom rung

News article said he was charged with felony hit and run.

....and there were no witness'.....really?

I would be interested if any blood lab work was done on the driver(s).
I'd bet the farm they drew blood. The d.o.t doesn't mess around. Wouldn't suprise me if it was drawn at the scene.