1 for all drivers, especially Marne Vet...

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I got a hippie pothead who always signs a happy face drawing. I told him that's not acceptable I need your name. He proceeds to take out his license and tell me it his his signature he allways uses for everyhing. I ask him to spell it for me please every time he signs.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
I got a hippie pothead who always signs a happy face drawing. I told him that's not acceptable I need your name.

Any writing is an acceptable signature. You are harassing the receiver for no reason (power trip?) because you personally feel that he should be writing his real name. All you have to do is ask for his last name and move on.

djkre8r

I have the customer sign and without looking I always ask "What's your last name?". Sometimes at a res they sign the receiver's name and not theirs. I then ask their last name and without hesitation they tell me THEIR last name. That's the one I type in.

Marne Vet

There's a customer that always signs "Satan" because he thinks he's funny. Been doing it for years. It's not my trip, but I used to cover it all the time. I don't even know his real name, just that he acts like a dick, and won't sign if he's on the phone, because we all know how difficult it is to talk and sign at the same time. *sigh* Anyway, one day he signs "Satan", smiles with his 4 teeth, and says something like "Now beat it I'm busy", so I just blurted back "No problem Jesus". Suddenly he yells "It's SATAN! I'm not friend'ing Jesus", so I said "I sure hope you're not friend'ing Jesus, cause that's homo, but if you look at [this] (pointing to the DIAD) it says "Jesus" right under your signature, so from now on you're Jesus, and I'll be the funny guy. You don't wanna sign your name? Cool. Later JC". Yeah, he doesn't like me, but it's mutual. Don't really care for customers that think part of our job is to take their ridiculous abuse, so I jab back a little. Not enough to get me a conversation with the boss, but just enough that I let these clown customers know that their on my time also.

This derailment has given me an idea for a new thread! :P

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There's a customer that always signs "Satan" because he thinks he's funny. Been doing it for years. It's not my trip, but I used to cover it all the time. I don't even know his real name, just that he acts like a dick, and won't sign if he's on the phone, because we all know how difficult it is to talk and sign at the same time. *sigh* Anyway, one day he signs "Satan", smiles with his 4 teeth, and says something like "Now beat it I'm busy", so I just blurted back "No problem Jesus". Suddenly he yells "It's SATAN! I'm not friend'ing Jesus", so I said "I sure hope you're not friend'ing Jesus, cause that's homo, but if you look at [this] (pointing to the DIAD) it says "Jesus" right under your signature, so from now on you're Jesus, and I'll be the funny guy. You don't wanna sign your name? Cool. Later JC". Yeah, he doesn't like me, but it's mutual. Don't really care for customers that think part of our job is to take their ridiculous abuse, so I jab back a little. Not enough to get me a conversation with the boss, but just enough that I let these clown customers know that their on my time also.

This derailment has given me an idea for a new thread! :P
"You said it man nobody :censored2:s with the Jesus"

S

selfcancelsignal

Any writing is an acceptable signature. You are harassing the receiver for no reason (power trip?) because you personally feel that he should be writing his real name. All you have to do is ask for his last name and move on.
So sick of custies at businesses just putting a couple of wavy squiggles on my DIAD & acting like I should know their name! Write legibly or tell me your last name after signing crapily, or Smith it is!

gingerkat

I always sign something completely ridiculous. I don't think the driver even looks at it or I'm sure he would give me that double take. With that being said, he knows my personality and how I talk.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a gal who signed her name upside down and backwards (her signature - not her personally). She said when she was young she got bored in school one day and practiced writing it that way until it became second nature. She was really fast at it but it was also very legible. (and yes she was HOT, HOT, HOT).

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Control the delivery situation !! if your a wise guy and wave finger,,,I was gone,,If you wrote stupid name, you didn't get pkg simple as that!! I am here to serve you a parcel, not to be made a fool of ! more than once I left with pkg in hand cause of an A Hole and immediately called the situation in !!

upschuck

For residentials, I always look at name on package and if I can't read signature and they slammed the door quick, just type that in. Not rocket science. I once had a person ask me how I could read their signature. I told them we had a class on how to read those scribblings, and they just looked at me with an amazed expression.