$1 raise instead of $0.70

Rod6

So I've been with UPS since November/2010 - Seniority date would be January 1st 2011 - and I was making 12 bucks hr through the old contract. I'm a sorter.

We were supposed to get the $0.70 cents raise once the new contract passed but for me a for everybody that has been with the company for around the same amount of years, we got a dollar raise instead. No complains about it but I was wondering why did that happen?

AGKLM

You both got bumped up to where you should be in the current contracts 4 year pay progression for part time inside employees, such as sorters.

Last edited:

Rod6

But what's the logic/math behind it? Again, I'm not complaining at all. haha I'd just like to understand how the whole progression thing works, ya know?

BrownBrokeDown

Aug 1st 2013 you received retroactively the 0.70, on your anniversary date you received 0.30 to put you at the 3 yr rate under the new contract, Aug 1st, 2014 you will receive the 0.70 (possibly the cola also, not sure on it though) and then on your 4 yr anniversary date they will compare what you are making, 13.70 with the top out of the new progression, 13.50, and you will stay at 13.70.

Rod6

Thanks for the response! I actually got $0.50 in January and $1.00 whenever they passed the contract last week or so. Making $13.00 hr so that should put me on $13.70 in August which would still match with what you said. Does that sound right?
Also if you don't mind me asking another question, what's cola?

BrownBrokeDown

cola is a cost of living increased based off a bunch of numbers. The amount varies from nothing to something from those numbers. I really haven't looked at it too much yet as we don't get it until we are out of progression.

saknewt06

Quick question on part-timer pay. I started Sept 2012 @ $9.50..earned the $1.00, then the additional $.50 after on year in Sept 2013 to $11.00. I am now @ $11.50, sne the contract push...So I am not sure under what progression I am under? Will I receive $.50 on Aug. 1st or $.70. I then hit 2yrs in Seot 2014. Thanks!

Blackstream

Quick question on part-timer pay. I started Sept 2012 @ $9.50..earned the $1.00, then the additional $.50 after on year in Sept 2013 to $11.00. I am now @ $11.50, sne the contract push...So I am not sure under what progression I am under? Will I receive $.50 on Aug. 1st or $.70. I then hit 2yrs in Seot 2014. Thanks!
You'll get 70 cents. You got put on the good progression because you started before august 1st, 2013.