10 Companies that are hiring

Johney

I copy and pasted this off of AOL's site,are they kidding me?

4. UPS UPS is hiring thousands to help with the upcoming holiday rush of package delivery. While the jobs are seasonal, there is potential to stay on as a full-time delivery driver.

Employee Review: "Great benefits like tuition reimbursement even for part time. Easy work (after first week or so). People are friendly. Flexible schedules. Can quickly move up within the company if desired."*

Number of Job Openings: 2,863

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I remember that first year of working. I dropped like 25 pounds. Not "easy" work even now that I am seasoned.

menotyou

bella amicizia
How about "easy work after first week or so" I nearly spit my morning ice tea all over the desk!
I missed that!!! OMG. I started in early summer. My first time to the beach that year, I got more stares than I have ever had in my life. The bruises on every limb of my body made it look like I was being beat. I worked at the local park that summer(my last) and the Boss and the park cop pulled me into the office one day to see if I was being beat. I laughed and explained the second job. Enough said. Easy work after a week my dookie butt. LMAO!!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I remember my first week on the unload..."Labels up, you effin' maroon!", cried the primary sorter. I knew then, I'd be a lifer.
I got hit in the head with a box my second week cuz I missed it on the belt. I threw it back at the kid. Nailed him inn the head. The belt roared and I knew I was home.

A

anonymous6

if they really wanted to attract people they should make it like this.

do you need to lose weight?

do you have low self esteem?

are you willing to surrender your life for the "cause"?

are you a robotic type person?

are you easily misled?

is your IQ between 90 and 100?

we may have the perfect type job for you!

over9five

Staff member
I'm surprised nobody mentioned this:

"Can quickly move up within the company if desired"

Sure, as long as you do it by Dec 24 when we kick your butt out the door!

menotyou

bella amicizia

Nothing funnier than seeing the despair in the newbie's eyes. They really believe the crap they feed them.

HomeDelivery

i'm surprised the competition isn't up there... they are spamming craigslist ads all over the country

not a bad gig either(hourly temp + OT) if you have a clean driver's license...

Johney

i'm surprised the competition isn't up there... they are spamming craigslist ads all over the country

not a bad gig either(hourly temp + OT) if you have a clean driver's license...
There has been FedEx ground ad in our local paper for a few weeks now looking for drivers,nothing from UPS. Which is funny because that's how I found out about UPS 25 years ago was from our local paper.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I found out because a girl at Southwicks(the park I was talked about earlier) turned down the job offer. I left after work and drove up there. Went home filled out application online, and was hired three days later.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

He or she could be your boss next year Ovah since no drivers will apply for management.
Remember that and be nice to that snotty-nosed kid that's your helper this peak.

Johney

He or she could be your boss next year Ovah since no drivers will apply for management.
Remember that and be nice to that snotty-nosed kid that's your helper this peak.
Never step on the toes that are connected to the ass you may have to kiss someday.

working up a sweat

Johney. My Local covers 2 hubs, Probabley over 700 workers. It's a number game. FT bids are put up for both hubs. PTers make up 65% of work force. FT positions only open up for FT people that retire.