10 days

doodoo brown

Company trying to give letters to an employee in my center after the 10 day rule. Company is stating he wasn't there the full 10 days, he was there for 5. Isn't this still untimely?

doodoo brown

Company doesn't mail letters to employee, they give it to them at the center. The company is trying to give employee disciplinary papers after 10 calender days, stating that he wasn't there for 10 days in order to get the letters, but he was there for five of them. Shouldn't the letters be untimely.

oldngray

nowhere special
Its 10 calendar days and if the employee is off when the 10 ten days expires UPS has to give him the letter the fist day he is back at work. If he is off anytime during those first 10 days it doesn't matter. I had one thrown out because center manager was off but that wasn't my problem and he tried to give me an untimely letter.

Just Lurking

If the employee is not present has the 10 days expire, the company should present the letter to the steward to stay timely. When the employee returns after the 10 days, the company should promptly present the letter.

midwestmess

The fact that the particular employee was present during that 10 days and that the company did have a chance to present it to him when he was there but chose to wait till the last minute UNTIMELY!