10 hr rule?

DS

Fenderbender
It sure varies from center to center,here in Toronto we have guys that are under 9.5 and others(like me) under 10.5...I end up doing all the crap that the guys that "have already left the area" cant do.
They keep sending oncalls till 18:30 and it gets too insane.
I had to phone and say I cant do this pickup or Ill go over 10.5...
Peak is pretty brutal here this year,I had to pull off 40 stops this morning.

If our center manager said "NO ONE OVER 10 HRS, NO EXCEPTIONS", I might just kiss him on the lips right in front of everyone. OK, truth is I wouldn't do that, but I would kinda like being told that.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I actually clocked out at 7:10 last night. Another driver took a resi area off me. He took 17/18 stops. Left me with 6 stops. It took me as long to do those 6 stops as it took him to do the 17/18 stops. He pulled into the center about 5 mins after me.
Without the 17 stops I still had 114.

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
I've been working about 9.5 hours every day this week... last week had some 10+ hour days. I don't know exactly how next week is going to go! lol

satellitedriver

If our center manager said "NO ONE OVER 10 HRS, NO EXCEPTIONS", I might just kiss him on the lips right in front of everyone. OK, truth is I wouldn't do that, but I would kinda like being told that.
Tongue or no tongue, his choice?:speechless:
I am going to buy some new chapstick, just in case that happens here.
Nah, I will just save my money that I make working 11's.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
all week we have not been allowed to work past 10 hours no matter what

missed pcs do not matter as long as no one goes over 10

have missed over 50 so far and its only wednesday

anyone else seeing the reasoning behind this

Don't know, but we get a 20 minute bonus after 10 hours inside.

Personally got over 12 hours paid tonight, not including the 20 minute!! woohoo :p

Cementups

Box Monkey
We actually got a message yesterday that our boss wanted us in by 6:30 (9 hours paid). Bad news for him, it wasn't happening. I did make 9.5 though.

sdf6hr2

Low volume? I love that theory. Someone has been smokin' somethin' really good.

to anyone working EWR: friday (sat morning) i was in on an a-300 load w/ 10 mt's and the cans w/ volume could only be described as next to mt.

EWR: whats the deal? was there another flight segment, 2x feeders or what? usually that Bus from sdf is jam packed... low volume?

many are poo-poo-ing the low volume talk. i can tell you, where i work at worldport, things are indeed slow. would like feedback........

New Englander

NE, is this due to the ice storm? We "lucked" out and only got 6" of snow. However, we did not get any of our Philly or Louisville air. They are going to try to get this delivered today.

Yes. There's not a lot of guys working but I had to laugh at all the senior drivers who had taken days off this week.

Then realized the were working Saturday :)

S

speeddemon

We actually got a message yesterday that our boss wanted us in by 6:30 (9 hours paid). Bad news for him, it wasn't happening. I did make 9.5 though.

I havent made 9.5 in two weeks, using a 5-6 hour helper too!