10 minute paid break for Drivers

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by joesmith, Jul 6, 2015.

1. joesmith

joesmith Member

Im in the southern Region and we don't have a 10 min paid break as far as i can tell, Who here has it in your supplement and what does the Verbiage say? How can we get it into the next contract??

Thanks

2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

In the area cover under the New England supplement we get 2 paid 10 min breaks.

ARTICLE 64 - BREAK PERIOD There will be two (2) ten (10) minute break periods each workday, ten (10) minutes in the A.M. between the second (2nd) and third (3rd) hours and ten (10) minutes in the P.M. between the sixth (6th) and seventh (7th) hours. Part-time employees working on a shift greater than six (6.0) hours or area practice will be eligible for a ten (10) minute break.

3. I hope that's not your real name.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. JackStraw

JackStraw Active Member

Get a 15 minute break after 8 1/2 hours. Can't take it though. We get paid for it .

5. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

Yes, New England = two paid 10 min breaks per 8 hrs. State labor laws states a 10 min break every 4 hrs.

6. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

Local 705/Chicago area: 10 minute paid break for all (part & full time) employees. Those who have been (full time) long enough, are 'grandfathered' in with 2 paid breaks.

7. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

People in the South move so slow they don't need a break.

8. We get one 10-minute paid break. It's just another thing besides lunch that the runners regularly skip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

We can't use our real names I better change mine then

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The southern sounds like one :censored2:ty supplement. Yet the southerners are the reason this last contract passed. Everyone else voted it down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Vote no. That's how you get what you want.

That and go to contract meetings and tell them what you want.

12. To @Brownslave688 ?

13. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

I was thinking Doody Bag Johnson

14. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

Yep. I'm in the southern and these ignorant azzes would work for free. Come to think of it, we have some 35 yr drivers who MIGHT take 15 minutes lunch and show an hour.

15. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Are these the same southerners who hate the unions even though a union could pull many of these people out of poverty, give them healthcare and other things that could improve their lives? I guess its just coincidence that the poorest states in the union, mississippi, alabama, etc are the states with rtw, and some of the poorest in the nation...wake the hell up people. I guess as long as you keep feeding them a diet of guns they won't give a :censored2: anyway...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  16. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

i dont know whats worst, that 35 year vets are still drinking the brown coolaid or that grown adult men have no balls to stick up for themselves once in a while!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

2 paid 15 min breaks out west.

18. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Strange, the paid break is the one break you can bet on the runners taking in my center. Unpaid is usually a 50/50.

Our guys get a 20 min paid break.

19. Oak

Oak Active Member

Not everyone in the southern voted for it!

20. Oak

Oak Active Member

By the way, in your little black book, Southern Region (page 210):
    Article 49, Section 3 Part-time relief periods:

"Part-time employees will be guaranteed ten (10) minutes relief period each work shift. The relief period may not start before the end of the first (1st) hour and must be completed before the end of the third (3rd) hour."