10 minute paid break for Drivers

joesmith

Im in the southern Region and we don't have a 10 min paid break as far as i can tell, Who here has it in your supplement and what does the Verbiage say? How can we get it into the next contract??

Thanks

UPSGUY72

In the area cover under the New England supplement we get 2 paid 10 min breaks.

ARTICLE 64 - BREAK PERIOD There will be two (2) ten (10) minute break periods each workday, ten (10) minutes in the A.M. between the second (2nd) and third (3rd) hours and ten (10) minutes in the P.M. between the sixth (6th) and seventh (7th) hours. Part-time employees working on a shift greater than six (6.0) hours or area practice will be eligible for a ten (10) minute break.

JL 0513

Yes, New England = two paid 10 min breaks per 8 hrs. State labor laws states a 10 min break every 4 hrs.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Local 705/Chicago area: 10 minute paid break for all (part & full time) employees. Those who have been (full time) long enough, are 'grandfathered' in with 2 paid breaks.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Im in the southern Region and we don't have a 10 min paid break as far as i can tell, Who here has it in your supplement and what does the Verbiage say? How can we get it into the next contract??

Thanks
People in the South move so slow they don't need a break.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The southern sounds like one :censored2:ty supplement. Yet the southerners are the reason this last contract passed. Everyone else voted it down.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Thanks
Vote no. That's how you get what you want.

That and go to contract meetings and tell them what you want.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
The southern sounds like one :censored2:ty supplement. Yet the southerners are the reason this last contract passed. Everyone else voted it down.
Yep. I'm in the southern and these ignorant azzes would work for free. Come to think of it, we have some 35 yr drivers who MIGHT take 15 minutes lunch and show an hour.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Are these the same southerners who hate the unions even though a union could pull many of these people out of poverty, give them healthcare and other things that could improve their lives? I guess its just coincidence that the poorest states in the union, mississippi, alabama, etc are the states with rtw, and some of the poorest in the nation...wake the hell up people. I guess as long as you keep feeding them a diet of guns they won't give a :censored2: anyway...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Vote no. That's how you get what you want.

That and go to contract meetings and tell them what you want.
Yep. I'm in the southern and these ignorant azzes would work for free. Come to think of it, we have some 35 yr drivers who MIGHT take 15 minutes lunch and show an hour.
i dont know whats worst, that 35 year vets are still drinking the brown coolaid or that grown adult men have no balls to stick up for themselves once in a while!!!

Oak

By the way, in your little black book, Southern Region (page 210):
Article 49, Section 3 Part-time relief periods:

"Part-time employees will be guaranteed ten (10) minutes relief period each work shift. The relief period may not start before the end of the first (1st) hour and must be completed before the end of the third (3rd) hour."