10 step plan

fatboy33

FedEx has no intention of topping out new hires. They will dangle the carrot for them and then yank it away just like they have in the past. This is nothing but a scam to keep turnover from skyrocketing in the short-term.
Don't be so sure. If these new employees don't see a significant progression in pay, they will leave after 2 years. Dangling a carrot will be sniffed out by mid-range employees and the word will get down to the new hire, if he hasn't figured out he's getting shafted on his own.

MondayLates

Or like so many have been saying for a good while, if they really wanted to hand out raises, why don't they top any employee with 10+ years of service? This step program is a clever way of appearing to do a lot while only doing very little.

What I wrote may have been ambiguous. What I meant was exactly what you are saying: years of service should equal what step you are in and everyone with 10 years or more should be topped out if this new system was anything resembling fair.

MAKAVELI

Don't be so sure. If these new employees don't see a significant progression in pay, they will leave after 2 years. Dagling a carrot will be sniffed out by mid-range employees and the word will get down to the new hire, if he hasn't figured out he's getting shafted on his own.
FedEx is not worried about the long term. They are simply buying time. It's a continuous game they have played and will continue to play. The latest frontline was full of excuses for the lack of wage progression and why this new plan could change.

MondayLates

The latest frontline was full of excuses for the lack of wage progression and why this new plan could change.

I had to laugh. They talk about how it took so long to make changes to the pay structure because changing hourly pay company wide is sooo complicated. Yeah right. The real reason is because they needed to devise a new complicated plan where they still come out ahead.

fatboy33

FedEx has no intention of topping out new hires. They will dangle the carrot for them and then yank it away just like they have in the past. This is nothing but a scam to keep turnover from skyrocketing in the short-term.
Then they'll continue to hire new employees one after another.

overflowed

Don't be so sure. If these new employees don't see a significant progression in pay, they will leave after 2 years. Dangling a carrot will be sniffed out by mid-range employees and the word will get down to the new hire, if he hasn't figured out he's getting shafted on his own.
They are leaving after a few weeks right now.

overflowed

What I wrote may have been ambiguous. What I meant was exactly what you are saying: years of service should equal what step you are in and everyone with 10 years or more should be topped out if this new system was anything resembling fair.
Fair? This company has no intention of being fair. We all know this. This supposed new progression is nothing but bull:censored2:ttttw . They see they have a epic turnover problem but haven't figured out what to do yet. You have all seen the frontline. Monday this is not directed at you. Just my thought since you brought it up.

pretrip

This is crazy. If I'm just going up to the next "step" when they decide to give us raises again, that's a 1.7% raise. Guess I should be grateful, right?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I sure would love it if Dano would chime in on this and straighten it all out for us like he does on every other corporate topic.

Dano?

MondayLates

This is crazy. If I'm just going up to the next "step" when they decide to give us raises again, that's a 1.7% raise. Guess I should be grateful, right?

You should be so grateful! This company nearly went bankrupt giving you 6%! We're even now, get it? This makes up for everything we shorted you for the past 10 years! You are not allowed to complain about wages again! You couriers don't know how good you have it! Burger King is hiring!

(Please excuse the sarcasm above. Just a combination of things I've heard and I'm sure I will hear at some point. I honestly feel your pain. I'm in same boat)

Buhryein

This is the example we have at my station if this stays this way when moving from step two (which I am in now working 9th year) to step three I'll be getting like 8 cents

Attachments

• IMAG2352.jpg
    IMAG2352.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 320