10 step plan

dezguy

The only time any one needs to use my truck is when I'm off or on the rare instance I leave early. When I leave early, I always hand my keys directly to a PM driver so I know who is driving it. (Yeah, yeah, I know it's not MY truck. Lol)
That wasn't a jab at you. It's taken me a long time to stop taking any ownership in anything at this company. Used to call it my truck all the time, or my route, or my customers. Now I just call everything FedEx's. FedEx's route, FedEx's truck, FedEx's customers.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That wasn't a jab at you. It's taken me a long time to stop taking any ownership in anything at this company. Used to call it my truck all the time, or my route, or my customers. Now I just call everything FedEx's. FedEx's route, FedEx's truck, FedEx's customers.

I just hate to work after slobs and after FINALLY getting a new truck, I'm scared someone will wreck it and I'll be stuck with a filthy, raggedy spare. Lol.

Slick silver

We had that issue this past month.... Let's just say management started there olcc speech in the am and all of sudden keys were to be found.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I just hate to work after slobs and after FINALLY getting a new truck, I'm scared someone will wreck it and I'll be stuck with a filthy, raggedy spare. Lol.
I had a brand new sprinter and after not too long it started leaking DEF fluid and was sent to a repair shop out of town (the only place that would honor the warranty) and it took 4 times to get it fixed right. Meanwhile I got stuck with probably the crappiest spare in the fleet.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I drive "my" 1997 W700 everyday unless I'm on vaca. or, sick (next to never). And that's the way I likes it. All AM and PM.

dezguy

I had a brand new sprinter and after not too long it started leaking DEF fluid and was sent to a repair shop out of town (the only place that would honor the warranty) and it took 4 times to get it fixed right. Meanwhile I got stuck with probably the crappiest spare in the fleet.
That's the way it usually happens here too. You'll usually get it with the tank on empty and no supplies so not only do you have to waste time resupplying the truck, you can't even go straight out to your route because you have to break off to fuel up.

Buhryein

What's the low down on the 10 step plan.
If you've been on board for 10 yrs. what step does that put you in. When does the next step happen? Every year at Oct. raise or, what?

It's all subject to Change and they made sure to point that out on many different occasions and many different ways of wording it, so in all honesty consider it a one step program until they announce they are going to continue it.

Just so you have an Idea I am in my 9th year and according to the current "Example Steps" I am at step 3 someone at my station who was hired last November is at step 2.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You must have watched my youtube vid :P

Funny. Very well done. Splash-Splash benefits have been improved, and you should check them out. The International Falls location is now open in January and February, and the Anchorage park is open year-round. However, your discount is only valid on Tuesdays, after 11 pm, during full lunar eclipses.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Guys(sincerely) I'm speechless! I had no idea FedEx ground was so effed up. I know the two FedEx guys that mirror my route (ground and express) but neither of them say a lot about the company.The ground guy drives an old p-1000 that I've seen broke down a few random times,but he seems pretty happy.

As I tell anybody that comments;"there are plenty of packages to go around,why be enemies?"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Guys(sincerely) I'm speechless! I had no idea FedEx ground was so effed up. I know the two FedEx guys that mirror my route (ground and express) but neither of them say a lot about the company.The ground guy drives an old p-1000 that I've seen broke down a few random times,but he seems pretty happy.

As I tell anybody that comments;"there are plenty of packages to go around,why be enemies?"

Fred S gutted Express to pay for Ground and to build their infrastructure. We took it in the butt for years with little to no raises, a continuous reduction in benefits with a corresponding rise in premiums, and an exponential rise in micromanagement nonsense and wasteful, stupid programs like DRA.

Yes, we hate Ground.

werenotthepostoffice

Fred S gutted Express to pay for Ground and to build their infrastructure. We took it in the butt for years with little to no raises, a continuous reduction in benefits with a corresponding rise in premiums, and an exponential rise in micromanagement nonsense and wasteful, stupid programs like DRA.

Yes, we hate Ground.
Stay tough! Nothing pisses management off like laughing at them when their rules bite them in the as(sic). We use the silly UPS rules and methods to force out management in to a corner. Nothing funnier than watching a dispatcher or on road sup squirm and sweat when it's not even hot.

It will be fine

Yes, we hate Ground.
Imagine how bad it would be without Ground carrying the corp for the last decade.

werenotthepostoffice

Yep, but that would be "unfair". The playing field is tilted at 45 degrees toward our Fearless Leader. Lots of cash to compliant congress people helps a lot.
As an avid watcher of Squawk Box,FedEx has an enormous legal fund war chest. Amazing what you learn when you watch business shows. In their opinion,"we may lose,but we can keep it in litigation long enough to keep Wall Street happy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As an avid watcher of Squawk Box,FedEx has an enormous legal fund war chest. Amazing what you learn when you watch business shows. In their opinion,"we may lose,but we can keep it in litigation long enough to keep Wall Street happy.

Not just a legal war chest, but lots of PAC money. UPS and FedEx are always near the top of the highest contributors.

Last edited: