10 year deal???

kingOFchester

anyone hear any more info on the 10 year deal big brown is pushing for?
Where is this info coming from? Have heard it mentioned here. But nothing solid that proves that is what either side is looking to do with the contract. I would be happy to sign a 10 year deal, as long as the terms are favorable.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
UPS isn't foolish enough to offer a 10-year contract. With developing technologies, and the uncertainty regarding FedEx Ground's continued growth, it just isn't viable.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I really see no gain for ups in this. Other than some stability. With obamacare, new technologies, and the unstable economy I just don't see ups locking themselves into this long of a deal.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
UPS isn't foolish enough to offer a 10-year contract. With developing technologies, and the uncertainty regarding FedEx Ground's continued growth, it just isn't viable.

I don't believe it would be good for the union to agree to a 10 yr deal. Ups would run wild for the whole contract. The union would have to adjust to ups changes. As they do in current agreement. Too many would be fired by that time. But? Maybe that's what the union is hoping. No big pension payouts. Bulls eye on 20 plus employee.

ups hero

I agree with K O C , this is the only place that I heard anything about a 10 year deal, not that I'm saying your a liar. I just never heard of it outside of BC .

TimeForChange

We don't want a long deal. Hoffa is believed to be scheduled to croak in the next few years. After that, there would be some small hope of getting a General President who might actually fight for the members.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
UPS likes it because inflation will destroy the hourly rate. Current C.O.L.A. no where near covers rising cost. With the central bank printing money hand over fist like never before hyperinflation is right around the corner. Locking us into wages that will evaporate under hyperinflation is just what the slave driver wants. While the rest of the country readjust to higher price with higher wages we will be friend#cked.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We don't want a long deal. Hoffa is believed to be scheduled to croak in the next few years. After that, there would be some small hope of getting a General President who might actually fight for the members.
There's a schedule to croak.....can anyone look at it??

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I can confirm hall said UPS wants a 10 year contract, was mentioned in the 728 rally, was also mentioned the union is adamantly against it because UPS likes to find loopholes in things such as 9.5 language that can't be addressed until the next contract, for example.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS likes it because inflation will destroy the hourly rate. Current C.O.L.A. no where near covers rising cost. With the central bank printing money hand over fist like never before hyperinflation is right around the corner. Locking us into wages that will evaporate under hyperinflation is just what the slave driver wants. While the rest of the country readjust to higher price with higher wages we will be friend#cked.

Which is why I'll vote no on anything that gives us under $1 an hour every year average wage increases.

rudy5150

Ups is MORE FOCUSED on NUMBER CRUNCHING AND ITS STOCK rather than expanding its business and customer satisfaction. It could care less its employees UNION and COMPANY. Thats why morale at UPS is at its lowest level ever. This will lead to the downfall of BIG BROWN!

stink219

The contract length has been agreed upon already. It's 28 years. We get $2.00 a year. They are covering our health care now, but only if we give up our first born to work PT for free. Anyone hear this? Maybe we should start a new thread of speculation? OP, there is a fine line between a proposal and an agreement. They can propose anything they want. It's all about what's agreed upon.

FAVREFAN

As far as I can remember, the last three contract negotiations had UPS asking for a ten year deal. So, what's the surprise this time?
5-7 years is fine with me. I don't want a 3 year deal and I don't want a ten year deal, for all the reasons everyone else has been mentioning throughout Brown Cafe.
5 is best for both sides.
JMHO.