$100,000 drivers

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
My wife works for DHL. Is going to make more than me this year.

seriously do they really make more money as drivers ??? I met some DHL guys and they all said the same thing, which i thought it was BS. I remember one guy told me he made 80k as a driver. Looking in the back of his half empty yellow van just made me wonder.........

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
Sorry guys, time off is priceless. But then again, if your married with a wife that has expensive taste or doesn't work, I feel your pain. Hell, my ex divorced me 10 years ago for never being around to kiss her :censored2: because of all the O/T hours i was working. She didn't mind the paycheck though. But I am at much more peace with myself and my sons and the honey enjoying each other as much as possible....You only live once and you can lose anybody close to you on any given day. Not being around and missing activities with your children was torturous for me. So IMO, making more money than the next guy doesn't appeal to me, the quality time and living at peace with yourself and family is my number one priorty.:peaceful:
AMEN Brother, I just want the money so I can spend time with loved ones. On a beach is a favorite of mine but on the couch in my living room in front of the fireplace with my wife is pretty good stuff too. I'd take 40 hrs every week if I could. They can work me till 8pm and 9pm but I ain't workin hard OR fast after 9.5:wink2:

ezmoney5150

seriously do they really make more money as drivers ??? I met some DHL guys and they all said the same thing, which i thought it was BS. I remember one guy told me he made 80k as a driver. Looking in the back of his half empty yellow van just made me wonder.........

She's not a driver. She works for their version of Supply Chain Solutions. She's a Customs House Broker. She's licensed by Customs to import containers off of ships or freight off airplanes. Customs doesn't want any goofball importing things. She takes tests all the time to keep her license.

crystal_ball

$80k in 2006 with 2600+ hours $74k in 2007 with more days off. Some feeder drivers in the hub arent happy unless they work 59.99 hours a week and get the 6 digits. ER docs get $400k a year. Pick your poison.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't know where you're getting your doctor pay figure from, but these are more realistic.....

Median Salary by Job - People with Jobs as Physicians / Doctors (United States)

Fnix

http://www.er-doctor.com/doctor_income.html
doctor_income_chart.jpg
doctor_salary.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The highest seniority guy in Local 25 ( baba gounj can explain more

does $100,000+ annual
collects 4,000+/mo pension
social security

Probably $200,000 annually? :D
Works as a hub shifter, is 70+yrs old, keeps a trailer in the parking lot for sleeping, works 16 hrs days.
Pension and Social Security automatically kicks in at age 70, even if you have not retired.

Griff

Very interesting! My only beef is that we (drivers) put in some pretty killer hours also.

There's a lot more to "beef" over. The entire article and concept is completely ignorant and void by a few simple facts which were overlooked and/or left out.

A) You cannot start driving for UPS at 18 years of age. He insinuates in the article you can go make your first 60k in your 1st year out of highschool (I think not, buddy).

B) Nobody breaks 60K/yr if they aren't at top rate. Theres 3 years of less than 60K and MUCH less than 60k in almost all cases. (35-45k)

C) The numbers are 100% skewed because they are too fixed. A UPS driver does not make $60k a year on the nose for 25 years straight. A doctor most certainly doesn't make 180k for 15 years straight either, their salary gets very bloated with age (expertise).

D) The entire article hinges on his assumption that a UPS driver is a 9-5 job. He is clearly out of his element and has been horribly misinformed.