$100 a week for insurance and little or no raises!!

rudy5150

Start putting $20-40 away a week. Its not too difficult, it will add up faster than you think. We are stupid to give in and give UPS anything with their record profits. We are NOT PAYING FOR HEALTHCARE! If you full time drivers are living pay check to pay check imagine how hard it is for the part time crew. Prepare for a fight!

kingOFchester

Money is made during the good times. Extreme wealth can be built during the bad times. I'm looking forward to whatever lies ahead.

Prime example I made 10k these past few weeks off apples down turn. Make a massive amount a few months ago on the Facebook IPO debacle.

This is why everyone needs to save though. You need that money to pump into something everyone else is running away from.

Agree. However, I do not give much thought to the "I made XX on this stock or I made XX off that stock". To easy to cherry pick. EXAMPLE:
Direct from my Roth portfolio. One of my best performing stock.
up_g.gif
79.52%:happy-very:

Sounds great doesn't it? What I left out was another stock.
down_r.gif
70.85%:angry:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Money is made during the good times. Extreme wealth can be built during the bad times. I'm looking forward to whatever lies ahead.

Prime example I made 10k these past few weeks off apples down turn. Make a massive amount a few months ago on the Facebook IPO debacle.

This is why everyone needs to save though. You need that money to pump into something everyone else is running away from.

Agree. However, I do not give much thought to the "I made XX on this stock or I made XX off that stock". To easy to cherry pick. EXAMPLE:
Direct from my Roth portfolio. One of my best performing stock.
up_g.gif
79.52%:happy-very:

Sounds great doesn't it? What I left out was another stock.
down_r.gif
70.85%:angry:

Very true. That's why my Roth 401k is pretty much just market funds. Ill settle for slow and steady in it. My wife's Roth IRA is my play money. I mess around almost as if I'm a day trader with that money.

Reason being starting next year she will make too much to contribute anymore to it. So it's become my play around and see how much I can beat the market money.

waffles

Some thoughts on this paying for our healthcare. UPS is just getting on the bandwagon ,unfortunately that bandwagon doesn't have any riders with 4 billion dollars(2012) in profits . However when this contract is settled strike or no strike and Mr. Hoffa announces a victory for the teamsters because we don't have to pay 1 penny into our healthcare , then he should resign, he knows ... we all know the company has to much to lose for that issue.... expect to get screwed elsewhere when that victory speech is given!

Told by whom? This information is not coming from the negotiating commitee - the only source that matters. If you're hearing it from a manager, tell him to ****ing can it.
Some bc's in other local's are scared and would back down if this was a local to local issue. That's one good the about having a master agreement, not to soft not to hard juuuust!!

Got it from our BA!! If this is not what you hearing. What are you hearing? I was unable to get on the conf call along with all the other shop stewards!
The bc's in some local's are scared and would give in if this local to local issue. That's why it's good to have a master agreement, not to hard not to soft juuuust right!!

Returntosender

Some thoughts on this paying for our healthcare. UPS is just getting on the bandwagon ,unfortunately that bandwagon doesn't have any riders with 4 billion dollars(2012) in profits . However when this contract is settled strike or no strike and Mr. Hoffa announces a victory for the teamsters because we don't have to pay 1 penny into our healthcare , then he should resign, he knows ... we all know the company has to much to lose for that issue.... expect to get screwed elsewhere when that victory speech is given!
IMO
Technology discipline is what they want.