$100 a week for insurance and little or no raises!!

cino321

By the way, I used to work for the phone company (Verizon) and in this last year both Verizon & AT&T (IBEW & CWA) gave in & gave up their free medical/dental. I hope we can keep it free but the other unions have set a bad precedent in the last year.

Add Consolidated Edison to that list.

Ms.PacMan

I'm getting a 5 year contract. 90 a week first year,then 99,108.90,119.79,131.77.

Year 1 August 2013-2014 $90
Year 2 August 2014-2015 $99
Year 3 August 2015-2016 $108.90
Year 4 August 2016-2017 $119.79
Year 5 August 2017-2018 $131.76

By my calculations it appears this would be a 5 year contract. But a tad more then 130 a week for the last year.

Yes, you guys are right. So are both sides just playing us and they have a deal all worked out? At what point do they decide length of contract?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
The Company "buys" the length of the Contract with the amount of the wage increase, but there are some other non-wage issues going on that may limit it to a 4 year contract so I would expect that.

kingOFchester

UPS stock at the highest levels since may 2006...over 6 years ago, and this is even a contract year and yes investors do look at these issues.

UPS dividends have gone up every year (not yield but dollar amount):

2003 .92
2004 1.12
2005 1.32
2006 1.52
2007 1.68
2008 1.80
2009 1.80
2010 1.88
2011 2.08
2012 2.28

Scott Davis has gotten some good raises when you take in the entire package:
2006 2.4 million
2007 2,6 million
2008 5.6 million
2009 6.2 million
2010 10.7 million
2011 13 million

If concessions were needed that would imply things are looking gloomy. If things were looking gloomy, the stock would not be at a 6 year high and Scott Davis would not be making record money!!!

concessions my ass.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS stock at the highest levels since may 2006...over 6 years ago, and this is even a contract year and yes investors do look at these issues.

UPS dividends have gone up every year:

2003 .92
2004 1.12
2005 1.32
2006 1.52
2007 1.68
2008 1.80
2009 1.80
2010 1.88
2011 2.08
2012 2.28

Scott Davis has gotten some good raises when you take in the entire package:
2006 2.4 million
2007 2,6 million
2008 5.6 million
2009 6.2 million
2010 10.7 million
2011 13 million

concessions my ass.

I usually make the argument that our CEO makes very little compared to other CEOs. This is why I think instead of sheer numbers we should look at percentages. Makes everything much more fair.

So in 6 years Scott Davis got a 600% raise.

Ours? Somewhere around 6%.

Doesn't look good for Scotty.

kingOFchester

I usually make the argument that our CEO makes very little compared to other CEOs. This is why I think instead of sheer numbers we should look at percentages. Makes everything much more fair.

So in 6 years Scott Davis got a 600% raise.

Ours? Somewhere around 6%.

Doesn't look good for Scotty.

I started to do the math but 4 Scotches in and I am having trouble posting let alone math. THANKS!!

Concessions my ass.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sounds good but do you know you did it wrong?
You negotiated from the list price down; you want to do it from the dealer invoice (most I've paid is $300 over dealer invoice, best was $1750 below).
Dealer invoice was $24,500 (or what the dealer showed me).
I researched this and another vehicle on their lot for 2 weeks.
It was a 2007 model manufactured in October 2007 and I bought it in February 2009.
This was after the 2008 financial crisis and nobody could get approved for credit.
It had 117 miles on it so it had been test driven but never sold - big V6, 4WD, Towing package.
They were in a tight spot and I had cash.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I believe we have a bit more bargaining power with UPS that those unions did with their businesses. A strike at Verizon isn't going to result in all Verizon's customers running to the competitors.

A strike at UPS, however, could be a devastating blow to UPS. I'd imagine that even with the rising healthcare costs, a strike would still cost them more than our free healthcare benefits. How much did the last strike cost UPS? and how much market share did they give up to FedEx because of it?

There won't be a strike. However, we still need to prepare for one. Which means every one of us needs to talk to 10, 20, 50 people and tell them the facts. UPS made 4.4 billion in after tax profits, and they want to give us a big pay cut. Talk to others who are scared, or who weren't here in '97. Make sure they know that UPS isn't like other companies, because they aren't. And we can't let them get their foot in the door with our benefits. Because if they do, that foot will eventually kick the door off the hinges. Talk about this at work, in earshot of supervisors--OFF THE CLOCK!! Believe it, they are listening. Make sure what they hear is how strong we are, because that is how we will win. UPS will do anything to avoid a strike. Even if they think they can win the war of public support, no way can they win if our system is shut down. And they know this fact very well.

brownIEman

OK, as a member of management , I am curious about all the histrionics over this offer of the company. This is a negotiation.

The company makes an offer, and a ton of you go off screaming STRIKE, STRIKE!! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

The IBT has suggested language that would significantly reduce what you all call harassment, we call it other things, but set that aside for now. Right or wrong, these are tools UPS has used for years to keep up our very high levels of production. If implemented, some of the suggested language would remove these tools and reduce production, which would cost the company likely hundreds of millions of dollars. Yet I see no one in mangement screaming "LOCK-OUT, LOCK-OUT".

Not to mention, no one that I know of from the company side has said we absolutely will not even consider discussing changes on production standards, 9.5 language, etc. They would be accused of not bargaining in good faith. And rightly so.

Yet if some of these posts are to be believed, Hall has said the union will not even consider ANY change to benefits, and yet that is not failing to bargain in good faith?

OK, as a member of management , I am curious about all the histrionics over this offer of the company. This is a negotiation.

The company makes an offer, and a ton of you go off screaming STRIKE, STRIKE!! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

The IBT has suggested language that would significantly reduce what you all call harassment, we call it other things, but set that aside for now. Right or wrong, these are tools UPS has used for years to keep up our very high levels of production. If implemented, some of the suggested language would remove these tools and reduce production, which would cost the company likely hundreds of millions of dollars. Yet I see no one in mangement screaming "LOCK-OUT, LOCK-OUT".

Not to mention, no one that I know of from the company side has said we absolutely will not even consider discussing changes on production standards, 9.5 language, etc. They would be accused of not bargaining in good faith. And rightly so.

Yet if some of these posts are to be believed, Hall has said the union will not even consider ANY change to benefits, and yet that is not failing to bargain in good faith?
you want a strike tell ur boyz to keep it up. hall is just as crazy a mother£ucker as Ron Carey was this is our ten thousand full time jobs and pension. He your huckleberry.

brownIEman

you want a strike tell ur boyz to keep it up. hall is just as crazy a mother£ucker as Ron Carey was this is our ten thousand full time jobs and pension. He your huckleberry.

No, I do not want a strike.

So, what you are saying is that Hall does want a fight and is intentionally NOT negotiating in good faith in order to get one? This could be helpful in litigation later on. If you could get me some verification I would appreciate it.

We are a union and we are TEAMSTERS we will Strike if we have To. Look at 97

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
No, I do not want a strike.

So, what you are saying is that Hall does want a fight and is intentionally NOT negotiating in good faith in order to get one? This could be helpful in litigation later on. If you could get me some verification I would appreciate it.
If hall said" We demand signing bonuses of $20,000" and UPS got up and walked away, I'm sure someone up top would say the same things. It just so happens he's trying to keep the membership informed, unlike the Wizard of Oz in Atlanta that sends orders out, not information.

brownIEman

We are a union and we are TEAMSTERS we will Strike if we have To. Look at 97

I did look at 97. Lived through it. The union did a great job of sticking together. Everything you got in that strike though, you could have gotten without one. The company thought it was playing hard nosed negotiation, but negotiation non the less. The union was fighting.

I am sure you were told, and likely believe, the company in 97 was attempting "union busting". If so, they were a bunch of incompetent boobs, because they failed in every conceivable measure at that.

I could argue that the Union was making an attempt at "Company Busting" in 97. UPS market Share was 80% back then. It is around 50% now. So, yeah, you absolutely won that bout.

Strange that Fred took home the real purse though...