100 degrees and Women told not able to wear Tank Tops

I'm a little torn on how I feel on this issue. On the one hand I get exactly how you feel. If men/women do the same job, then treat them exactly the same. But, on the other hand, as women we do have to keep covered up. I'm not sure why you are opposed to two extra capped sleeves? I know it's hot, but I know that those sleeves teeny sleeves will give you extra protection from chaffing in your armpit area and coverage from peeping eyes.

It's so easy to claim sexual harassment these days, maybe management is trying to "protect" itself? It also could be that some male coworker complained and he's being protected? Sometimes what "we" view as acceptable in the mirror in the morning, is not acceptable to others. It's no doubt in today's work world that men & women have different standards of dress code. We share that work place with others and have to make it livable.

Again, I see your point about wanting to be treating equally, but I also don't see how wearing two extra small sleeves is going to overheat you. I don't know, just my two cents...
Women are so beautiful they should never be covered up.

czalinsky

They cannot hold it against you because you are women and as such, happen to have breasts.

What's funny, well not funny but I really don't have any to show. I'm very small (up there) lol
As for the comment about picking my battles, The sweat that pours off of me is really uncomfortable and wearing the tanks makes a HUGE difference.
What are all these articles you are all talking about?

What's funny, well not funny but I really don't have any to show. I'm very small (up there) lol
As for the comment about picking my battles, The sweat that pours off of me is really uncomfortable and wearing the tanks makes a HUGE difference.
What are all these articles you are all talking about?
Women with little breast are very hot. Do you have any pics???

stink219

Some other pissed off Female?
You prob hit it on the head. Two preloaders are prob dating and the complainant is worried her BF will see girls with boobies.

A stewards advice:
Wear what's comfortable to you and the average person. You can't please everyone.

laffter

Not to be a sexist pig, but-

czalinsky, can you and your friend come work in my building? We need some more motivation around here.

cheeks

You prob hit it on the head. Two preloaders are prob dating and the complainant is worried her BF will see girls with boobies. A stewards advice: Wear what's comfortable to you and the average person. You can't please everyone.
That's the problem with sports bras, there's absolutely ZERO chance to see cleavage or Side boob. (sorry if this offends you czalinsky, just being truthful):wink2:

UPS Preloader

I really need some advice here. I have been a Pre-Loader for 3 years now. Since it is summer time and the humidity is horrible (feels like 100) I load 3 trucks and it gets hot, we wear Tank tops... Well today Me and another girl on my belt were approached by a Sup. saying someone had complained about us wearing Tank Tops. He really didn't know why the Complaint was made and he didn't have a problem with them, but said "Maybe it's because they can see your Sports Bra Straps" The Tanks are not low cut and the other girl even had 2 on. IDK if matters but we are both thin and in our 30's. I'm almost 40. Nothing hangs out, lol He even said " Guys wear them and nothing is ever said." He was really nice about it and choosing his words carefully. We really are not "showing off" anything. It's just super hot and we are just trying to stay as cool as possible.

So basically, What would you do about this? He was very careful not to say we couldn't wear them just trying to discourage us from wearing them. Everyone is nice at our plant. No rude guys or anything like that. We have been wearing them for over a month now. And a lot of guys wear them too..

Wear just the sports bra tomorrow...

P

pickup

I really need some advice here. I have been a Pre-Loader for 3 years now. Since it is summer time and the humidity is horrible (feels like 100) I load 3 trucks and it gets hot, we wear Tank tops... Well today Me and another girl on my belt were approached by a Sup. saying someone had complained about us wearing Tank Tops. He really didn't know why the Complaint was made and he didn't have a problem with them, but said "Maybe it's because they can see your Sports Bra Straps" The Tanks are not low cut and the other girl even had 2 on. IDK if matters but we are both thin and in our 30's. I'm almost 40. Nothing hangs out, lol He even said " Guys wear them and nothing is ever said." He was really nice about it and choosing his words carefully. We really are not "showing off" anything. It's just super hot and we are just trying to stay as cool as possible.

So basically, What would you do about this? He was very careful not to say we couldn't wear them just trying to discourage us from wearing them. Everyone is nice at our plant. No rude guys or anything like that. We have been wearing them for over a month now. And a lot of guys wear them too..

File a complaint that the men need to wear something more than tank tops because on many occasions you have seen their teats. At least you are wearing a bra to cover yours.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm a female loader. I was told years ago that tank tops on women is not considered appropriate work attire. So, on the really hot days, i'll wear a tshirt with the sleeves cut off. They don't say anything about that.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
I would file for safety and then harassment if it continues. They can't fire you (you've made the point that everything is covered and you dress like this for safety). If a sup approaches you about it again don't bother arguing with him, just ask for a steward. If they want to walk you out of the building for it so be it, enjoy your vacation and back pay.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We. U mention you wear a sports bra an your in your 30's so I know your not the old lady that likes to wear tank tops at my center. Lol

davidmex

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Women wearing tank tops is definitely a form of sexual harassment. Being able to see your sports bra would make me feel uncomfortable.

Brownslave688

Women wearing tank tops is definitely a form of sexual harassment. Being able to see your sports bra would make me feel uncomfortable.

That's because it's a well known fact trolls are allergic to cleavage.

Squint

No more work for me!
Aside from all the comments, I think that your supervisor thinks that his workers are not getting as much work done because you may be causing a distraction. Kind of like a dress code at High School. I know you are all grown up, but some of his workers may not be and his eyes may be fixed on the eyes that are fixed on you two. Your supervisor is only concerned about his numbers.

Overpaid Union Thug

I have seen a FedEx Home Delivery girl wear ONLY a sports bra on her route in the summer. The type that pro volleyball players wear sometimes. It was green like the green on their trucks so at least she matched. Just looked highly unprofessional but I think the general public has come to expect that from FedEx drivers nowadays. Particularly from the RPS side. A tank top worn inside shouldn't be a problem. I bet it was another female that complained about it.

Brownslave688

Aside from all the comments, I think that your supervisor thinks that his workers are not getting as much work done because you may be causing a distraction. Kind of like a dress code at High School. I know you are all grown up, but some of his workers may not be and his eyes may be fixed on the eyes that are fixed on you two. Your supervisor is only concerned about his numbers.

From my experience in the center. Especially during preload. A 5 can be as distracting to the guys working there as a 10 would be out in the real world. A somewhat attractive female could wear a parka to the preload and at 4 am around a bunch of young men that make up 99% of the workforce. She could be a distraction.

HomeDelivery

I'm a female loader. I was told years ago that tank tops on women is not considered appropriate work attire. So, on the really hot days, i'll wear a tshirt with the sleeves cut off. They don't say anything about that.

this is what the women wore in my hub... & some men too so we can air out our armpits when we walk by a fan...

some HD drivers also wear a sleeve-less t shirt while sorting / loading our own vehicles; then we switch over to our uniform shirts once we're done & got our paperwork, spare battery, etc...

czalinsky

Trust me when I say there is NO Cleavage. These are not little tanks with Spaghetti straps. And actually we have one of the Best belts in the plant. Less mis-loads then any other belt. So because we are not ugly that means the men can't work? The only thing you can see is our Shoulders and arms. AGAIN No Cleavage. The tanks are high. To the woman who said she wears a t-shirt with the arms cut off, You can most likely see inside your shirt better then our Tanks.
So if I go in tomorrow wearing a Form fitting Shirt (like the men do, cuz sweaty loose shirts are horrible to wear) what is stopping them from saying anything again...

I will wear what is comfortable to me. It is super hot. and i'm not dressing like an Omish woman cuz guys can't do there stupid job... we have some pretty good looking guys that wear tanks. Should they stop too becuz we look a bit at them and maybe slow down?
I guess basiclly my Question was, Can they fire us for wearing them?