100% Endorsment

18wheelbrownie

:no:
Who the hell is hall to decide for me. He is not in the same shoes as me!
:nono::nono:
He is not affected by the contract we are!!
Hope EVERYONE reads the proposed contract and makes a well informed decision!!

thats because as long as you get a raise , so will he whether you like the contract or not, and also your locals

25yrvet

How much $ do you think the company's gonna put on the table???????

Like it or not, 6.1 billion of it will (if contract passes) go to C/S
THERE'S ONLY SO MUCH $$ THE COMPANY IS GONNA PUT ON THE TABLE.

MAYBE SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE $$ WIZARDS & KNOW THE EXACT #THE COMPANY IS WILLING TO SETTLE ON. hall & OTHERS WERE IN NEGOIATIONS FROM DAY 1, THEY HAVE A BETTER IDEA THAN ANY OTHERS WHAT THAT # MIGHT BE. IF YOU KNOW WHAT THAT # IS WITHOUT BEING IN THE NEGIATIONS THAN YOU SHOULD USE YOUR TALENT TO GET A MUCH HIGHER PAYING JOB ON WALL STREET.

IF YA DON'T LIKE THE WAY THE NEGOTIATIONS WERE HANDLED THAN NEXT ELECTION VOTE HALL OUT, BUT PLEASE DON'T ELECT SOMEONE WHO'LL MAKE PROMISES JUST TO GET ELECTED.

AS A SR DRIVER I REMEMBER AN OL' BA TELLING ME ABOUT THE NEGOTIATIONS 20+ YEARS AGO....WHEN BOTH SIDES GOT CLOSE, MGT WOULD PUT A $ FIGURE ON THE TABLE & SAY, "THERE IT IS BOYZ".

18 WHEELER--I TAKE IT YOU'RE A FEEDER DRIVER. YOU MAKE AT LEAST 70K A YEAR & YOU HAVEN'T LEARNED HOW TO BUDGET FOR GAS/ELECT ETC ??

O

OZZ

How much $ do you think the company's gonna put on the table???????

Like it or not, 6.1 billion of it will (if contract passes) go to C/S
THERE'S ONLY SO MUCH $$ THE COMPANY IS GONNA PUT ON THE TABLE.

MAYBE SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE $$ WIZARDS & KNOW THE EXACT #THE COMPANY IS WILLING TO SETTLE ON. hall & OTHERS WERE IN NEGOIATIONS FROM DAY 1, THEY HAVE A BETTER IDEA THAN ANY OTHERS WHAT THAT # MIGHT BE. IF YOU KNOW WHAT THAT # IS WITHOUT BEING IN THE NEGIATIONS THAN YOU SHOULD USE YOUR TALENT TO GET A MUCH HIGHER PAYING JOB ON WALL STREET.

IF YA DON'T LIKE THE WAY THE NEGOTIATIONS WERE HANDLED THAN NEXT ELECTION VOTE HALL OUT, BUT PLEASE DON'T ELECT SOMEONE WHO'LL MAKE PROMISES JUST TO GET ELECTED.

AS A SR DRIVER I REMEMBER AN OL' BA TELLING ME ABOUT THE NEGOTIATIONS 20+ YEARS AGO....WHEN BOTH SIDES GOT CLOSE, MGT WOULD PUT A $ FIGURE ON THE TABLE & SAY, "THERE IT IS BOYZ".

18 WHEELER--I TAKE IT YOU'RE A FEEDER DRIVER. YOU MAKE AT LEAST 70K A YEAR & YOU HAVEN'T LEARNED HOW TO BUDGET FOR GAS/ELECT ETC ??

UPS and the union didn't negotiate the 6 Billion figure. That figure is determined by law on a formula based on how underfunded the current plan is and how large UPS's liability is in the current plan. If UPS wanted to withdraw from a fully funded plan, the withdrawl would cost them virtually nothing. UPS wants to withdraw from the plan. They are not bailing out or buying out the plan. It will probally save them a great deal of money in the long run. The reason the union agreeded to so many give backs is because the 6 billion will keep it 70% funded in the short term so the FEDS have to stay away from it. Handling tens of billions has its perks. So the union leadership got what they wanted and UPS will make out great also. The workers accept massive givebacks, and all our accrued pension money up till this point stays in a CS pension fund that looks healthier short term but is severely weakened longterm. My 25 plus years in CS wont net me much of a pension check 15 years from now if CS goes belly up without UPS's future contributions! Long time UPSers wake up! we are being sold out by both sides! They are not rolling your earned pension money into the new plan. We will have our pensions go down the drain along with all the other CS participants. We will likely see only a portion of our CS pension!

O

OZZ

And, save CS from take over from ERISA in those 5 years.
How many pensions of Upsers that retire next year in CS will be saved?
I want UPS to save money, so it will be able to meet their financial commitments in the future.
Unlike, the teamsters/CS money management, as proven in the past.
I am shocked that anyone would promote the reverse argument of the old tale,
"A bird in hand is worth two in the bush."

I think perhaps you might want to reconsider your whole-harted support of UPS fleeing CS. I walked the picket lines over UPS withdrawing last time. At the time I must say that I felt we might have been better off splitting away from CS. The idea of a seperate pension fund for UPSers sounded great to me early in negotiations. UPS is in far better shape then the rest of the CS participants. But I was lead to believe by management that our years of service in CS and $ would just roll into the new pension. But that isn't going to happen.You ask "how many pensions of UPSers that retire next year in CS will be saved." All of them for 1 year. I ask how long will CS survive without UPS's future contributions? Remember CS will only rise to 70% funded with the 6 billion. UPSers will still be in this failing fund. The contract didn't get us out as individualls. UPS's withdrawl will speed up the fall of CS because we contribute more than our fair share. It will not be saved from ERISA for long.