100 tips to increase my chances of getting hired?

Warnipple

Hi guys! I'm a 2nd year University student looking for a summer job. I applied for a PT preloader job at UPS during April but still haven't heard back from them yet. I was wondering what can I do or tips I can get to improve my chances of getting hired?

I don't have much preloading experience but I did do a landscaping job last year and I was a paper boy for 2 years during middle school.

Also I have been browsing around this forum and google and I've decided that UPS is a company that I want to work for. They sound pretty decent and benefits are good.

Warnipple

I want to work at UPS :$

I hear the pay is good, they don't hate on their employees and there are benefits. It beats most of the jobs I can get as a University Student right now.

Plus you get a good work out while working so I think its a pretty decent job.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you by chance from Canada? I an not trying to be a smartass but very few American college students refer to themselves as university students while Canadian students refer to college as university.

Warnipple

Are you by chance from Canada? I an not trying to be a smartass but very few American college students refer to themselves as university students while Canadian students refer to college as university.

Yes I am from Toronto, Ontario xD

Its ridiculously hard to find a job right now in TO >_<

Warnipple

Also sorry for the double post but what is a teamster shirt?

I get that it is a sarcastic post but I don't quite understand xD

P

pickup

Yes I am from Toronto, Ontario xD

Its ridiculously hard to find a job right now in TO >_<

Well, we do have one Canadian here who gives quite of bit of advice, but since this thread isn't "100 tipsy tips to increase my chances of getting fired", I don't think he will reply. And if he does reply, he will simply tell you don't apply to work at UPS, but work at McDonald's instead.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have an idea. Why don't you get a hot dog wagon and sell dogs and beers.....I hear you can make $400 a day with those things !!

Random_Facts

Troll or not, a good way to get hired on at UPS, is to actually know someone who works there currently. I've noticed or at least for me, as soon as I got a reference I had an interview that same week. Of course if I knew what I was really getting into. I might have turned the other way. haha.

klein

Für Meno :)
Hey Troll, what kind of bennies are you looking at ?
None ? - That's what you'll get with UPS for 1 full year, besides being a student you are still under your parents plan.
Pension ? None, for the first 2 years , either !

Have fun on your job search !