100 year birthday party

diadlover

hmmmm, I guess that means that we can't go since Tony left early and didn't officially "retire."

Oh well, someone post some pictures please.
Well we already had our birthday party here in AZ. I was looking forward to it but I left very unimpressed. When you get there they give you a ticket for a hotdog, a bag of chips, a drink and a sno-cone. The sno-cones and drinks were unlimited but I think the hotdogs and chips were supposed to be limited to one per person. The guys running the hotdog stand either didn't know or didn't care cuz I ate 5 of them. It was geared mostly to kids. I don't think UPSers will be very impressed but the spouses and children might enjoy it. They have a trailer that has pics of the UPSers that have made it to the "Wall of Fame". That was pretty neat. They have some old uniforms from the '30s and an astronaut UPS uniform. I didn't plan on posting any pics so I only took a few and they were just of the vehicles that had on display. Here they are:

This is a UPS golf cart
DSC00149.jpg

A UPS Freight truck

DSC00151.jpg

Dales ride
DSC00150.jpg

An old package car from the 1700's
DSC00152.jpg

Here is the inside of that old package car. Now when all the old timers complain about how much harder it was back then here is proof that they are full of it. You couldn't even fit one bulk stop in there.
DSC00148.jpg

Oh man, how did this get in here? My Dad is such an idiot. Sorry!
mr-strong-man.jpg

retired2000

i called our hr person yesterday and she gave me my id number. i guess my next step is to call tech support to get a pin number. thanks for the help

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I went to the Party today at the Atlanta Airport. There were a lot of displays, with the main focus being geared toward things to do for families with small children. It was held in the parking lot of Delta's headquarters, we weren't allowed across the street where about six UPS planes were parked at our facility. It was good to see some of my coworkers and meet their families.

Mike Eskew was there walking around like everybody else, he would shake hands and have his picture taken. He comes across a lot differently in person than he does on video. He seemed approachable and didn't have staff hanging all around him. I was hoping to meet him, but he left before I got a chance.
215 UPS 7.jpg

DS

Fenderbender
I would`ve made sure I talked to him about Jim Casey`s ups
and PAS...and point out to him he was on american idol

jlphotog

"The Global Tour is stopping in approximately 69 locations around the world and will be making its only official Canadian stop at the Toronto Hub"

The second largest land mass in the world and the tour in making only one stop in this country. Guess that would be OK if we were all in the most populous part of the country. But we are not all there. I live 3400 KM's (2100 miles) from Toronto.

Very disappointing.

jules23

Logic? Who needs logic?
jules are you a management retiree or an employee? according the the upser.com portal I was denied access. retired as an employee in 2004. it says that it is available to retired members of the United Parcel Retirement Plan(meaning I believe those that retired from management).

i am a current management employee. i thought everyone had access to upsers.com whether you worked in management or operations? does anyone know.

ups79

No, I have my user id, but haven't been able to sign on since retirement. Keeps telling me access denied.

Last edited:

ups79

Just got it. The phone number they emailed me is 1-888-877-1524. Just talked to Chris, he signed me and my wife up to attend in Decatur, Il. on July 28th.

retired2000

well, i finally got around to calling the tech center yesterday to get my password. it did not work. so the tech guy said to call my hr person again. they said to call back on monday tosee what they found out. so back to square one.

ups79

If as your name implys that you are retired, you will never get on upsers.com. Your userid now will not let you have access. Only speaking for employee, do not know about retiring from management.