100 years sales

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tooner....get your doctor to put you on Protonix for awhile: those over the counter products are not really solving the problem. Even though I retired, I had to take Pepcid almost every day for heartburn, and that started to be ineffective. My doc put me on Protonix for a couple months, I lost 30 pounds, and now the heartburn is gone.
Im planning on a visit. I dont have a reg doc, I never get ill, but the heartburn is killin me, and 30 pounds would surely help. Once I am above the weight I am now, its killer, under I never have a problem. But the last time I went that gastro guy, they told me I needed surgery, wanted to take like four feet or so of my small intestine, and Ive become really attached to every foot of them, all 100 miles or however many of them we all have, and that surgery killed my Dad, so Im a little leary when rolaids still work. Ya Know?

trickpony1

Tooner-
So that five people don't post telling me I'm not a doctor, I'm telling you this story only because it happened to a manager's wife in my department.
She had experienced and repeatedly complained to her doctor about heartburn. Apparently her doctor said it was just that, heartburn, and gave her an antacid.
It turns out that the signs/symptoms of heartburn in women may be a heart problem and are often "misdiagnosed" as heartburn. I believe I have seen public service commercials on TV to this effect.
FWIW, you may want to have this checked out before it's too late.
You're too good of a person to suffer serious, irreversible health problems because you can't get away from your job that says they care about you but.......

Remember how we once had a "heads up" on new products and services, instead of looking stupid not being able to answer even a simple question with anything but "call the 800 number." Granted, there are more service options than ever, but I think the drivers part in taking care of our customer, or potential new ones became less important. What do we know.