100 years

moreluck

golden ticket member
I can give my own personal observation from when I was a Girl Scout when dinosaurs still roamed. In our grade school, the Boy Scouts had camping trips and all kinds of fun things. The Girl Scouts met in the cafe-gym-a-torium and did crafts.....that's it. That's all we ever did. I was young at the time, but I'm sure now that lack of funding was involved.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone else wonder why the girl scouts were given twice as much as the boy scouts?

I work as a volunteer Project COPE Director for BSA for the Atlanta Area Council. The program listed, "Learning For Life", is a community outreach program. Straight off their website, Learning for Life - Exploring., "Learning for Life offers seven programs designed to support schools and community-based organizations in their efforts to prepare youth to successfully handle the complexities of contemporary society and to enhance their self-confidence, motivation, and self-esteem."

In other words, this program is usually used in public schools to help students deal with life better. It has nothing to do with the Cub, Boy Scout, or Venture Crew programs. I am very grateful for the money that UPS gives to my Council, it is a larger amount and helps the inner city youth have the opportunity to experience a more positive life. I don't know why the Girl Scouts got a bigger grant than BSA in Houston, maybe the boys sold more popcorn than the girls did cookies!:wink:

good2me

Seriously, I do think the Centennial Anniversary is a big deal. As a Driver, I think I am fortunate to earn a good wage. My family enjoys a good lifestyle, we should all be grateful for the positive things this company has given us instead of concentrating on the negative all the time. Some things could be improved, I will grant that, but nobody in my household has ever had to do without.[/quote]

I appreciate your note. We do forget that our Company has given us much to be thankful for. Thanks.