1000% Increase In Retiree Health Care Cost?!?!?!?

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I found this on IRS.Gov:

"Reporting Employer Provided Health Coverage in Form W-2

The Affordable Care Act requires employers to report the cost of coverage under an employer-sponsored group health plan on an employee’s Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, in Box 12, using Code DD. Many employers are eligible for transition relief for tax-year 2012 and beyond, until the IRS issues final guidance for this reporting requirement.
The amount reported does not affect tax liability, as the value of the employer excludible contribution to health coverage continues to be excludible from an employee's income, and it is not taxable. This reporting is for informational purposes only, to show employees the value of their health care benefits so they can be more informed consumers.
More information about the reporting can be found on Form W-2 Reporting of Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage."

So, have you guys seen your W-2 yet? If so, what is in Box 12, Code DD? Should be an eye-opener....

UPSBOT

When UPS Was Fun

So, have you guys seen your W-2 yet? If so, what is in Box 12, Code DD? Should be an eye-opener...
]

Mine was blank??????

I did retire July 1, 2012. Would that be the reason?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So, have you guys seen your W-2 yet? If so, what is in Box 12, Code DD? Should be an eye-opener...
]

Mine was blank??????

I did retire July 1, 2012. Would that be the reason?

Were you covered by a Teamster or company plan? If it was the former that would explain why that box was blank.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think, it's really shaming for health care providers to increase so much in health care facilities for the seniors and retirees even at the later part of their lives. As they need to stay happy and healthy specially after serving a organization and employer by working through out their lives. Which is really a point to ponder and worrying for lots of our seniors. But who care's.
Thankyou Barack, may I have another ?

It's going to get worse thanks to O.

detailkings

I along with other researched it thoroughly. We were told $50 a month. We were never told that if UPS' share exceeded $6,250.00 a year that our costs would go up 1000%. Seriously? You actually think that information is shared with the membership?

oldngray

nowhere special
I along with other researched it thoroughly. We were told $50 a month. We were never told that if UPS' share exceeded $6,250.00 a year that our costs would go up 1000%. Seriously? You actually think that information is shared with the membership?

I also never got the letter they claim everyone got

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You have to vote on it to see what is in it?

Damn politicians.