100k Club

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just made a 200 dollar bet with another driver I'll hit 100k in 2013. I'll hit 95 this year easily if peak this year is close to last years peak volume. Kinda curious how many of you have hit the "milestone" 6 figures yet, and if so, what are few tips that you could give? I'm not intrested in anything that envolves bonus or compromising integrity by consorting with management. I already get late pickups that no one else wants and my neighbor routes know I'll help them take their stops off if they're heavy, anything else you could suggest?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I already get late pickups that no one else wants and my neighbor routes know I'll help them take their stops off if they're heavy, anything else you could suggest?

That's the way I was as a driver. I never complained about extra work, splits, etc. Just dollar signs in my eyes.
I averaged over 54 hours/week the last year before I went into management.
I had to take a pay cut and it was 2 years before I got back up to the amount I made as a driver.

That's the way I was as a driver. I never complained about extra work, splits, etc. Just dollar signs in my eyes.
I averaged over 54 hours/week the three weeks I drove before I went into management.
I had to take a pay cut and it was 2 years before I got back up to the amount I made as a driver.
Didnt you drive for like three weeks. So you drove for 162 hours combined and you didn't complain. Good job

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I averaged over 54 hours/week the last year before I went into management.

How long did you drive for...I bet you were one of the drivers who rolled up your ARM sleeves on a short sleeve shirt and wore the tight daisy duke shorts showing off that ass!!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I never want to join this club.
I used to think the same way until I started seeing people fight over days off and do whatever they could to keep from working. One day I asked one of them what they had made last year, it was half of what I made. It then dawned on me that I'll be out of the place twice as fast and will be better off in retirement then most of these people if I just simply work every day.

UPSGUY72

Just made a 200 dollar bet with another driver I'll hit 100k in 2013. I'll hit 95 this year easily if peak this year is close to last years peak volume. Kinda curious how many of you have hit the "milestone" 6 figures yet, and if so, what are few tips that you could give? I'm not intrested in anything that envolves bonus or compromising integrity by consorting with management. I already get late pickups that no one else wants and my neighbor routes know I'll help them take their stops off if they're heavy, anything else you could suggest?

Your going to have to average almost 15 hours a week in OT. That is you only have 2 weeks of vacation.

Inthegame

Go into Feeders.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I used to think the same way until I started seeing people fight over days off and do whatever they could to keep from working. One day I asked one of them what they had made last year, it was half of what I made. It then dawned on me that I'll be out of the place twice as fast and will be better off in retirement then most of these people if I just simply work every day.

Yep I hear you I still take the occasional day off maybe 1 or 2 a month. I'll pass 80k this year for the first time. My goal is 88-90k in 2013 I'll wait 5 years or so until I want to hit 100k don't like OT that much lol. Talking about people not working one of my friends basically asks for everyday off. Had to sell his car to keep his house from getting foreclosed on. He didn't like my advice to just show up and work everyday.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
A driver in my center made over 96k last year. He bid off the rte this year it was just way to many hours, no life. Now there is a driver with no seniority on the rte. I myself made over 84k. From want I see most drivers in my center make over 80k

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You work Saturday ??
When they have to use 6 punches we've had issues in the past with management using cover drivers before asking people who signed the additional work bid sheet. As a result they now come to those who sign it for 6 punch days in senority, which I'm part of. At 47.75, delivering out of a bread truck, with 20ish stops for 4 hours, it's pretty much the easiest payday you'll get.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yep I hear you I still take the occasional day off maybe 1 or 2 a month. I'll pass 80k this year for the first time. My goal is 88-90k in 2013 I'll wait 5 years or so until I want to hit 100k don't like OT that much lol. Talking about people not working one of my friends basically asks for everyday off. Had to sell his car to keep his house from getting foreclosed on. He didn't like my advice to just show up and work everyday.
We had a driver that literally said he couldn't pay his mortgage if he didn't get paid his option days when we were closed for 2 days due to snow. This same driver would/does go home without pay at least once every two weeks, sometimes more.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
First go on the 9.5 list, then file a grievance for hours over 9.5. Last week I got a check for 500 dollars, easy money. Your crazy for not going on the list in my center. It does not matter if your on the list or not everyone works the same hours, just some choose to get a little extra.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
First go on the 9.5 list, then file a grievance for hours over 9.5. Last week I got a check for 500 dollars, easy money. Your crazy for not going on the list in my center. It does not matter if your on the list or not everyone works the same hours, just some choose to get a little extra.
Been there, done that. They actually honor most of the people on the 9.5 list here.