100k Club

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would be very surprised.... if your Local provided a Lawyer.... or even suggested one.

-Bug-

Yes. They do. Girlfriend on preload used one. Would it be advisable to use them? Well,...............

We can either use one of their lawyers or will be reimbursed up to a certain dollar amount (depending on the legal issue) if we choose to use our own lawyer. I joked above but the union lawyer did a very good job on my divorce. I used my own lawyer for the closing on my glorified apartment and the union sent me a check for $400. The kicker was the seller's lawyer messed up---rather than the seller conceding up to $5,300 in closing costs her lawyer left out those two words. My lawyer didn't catch this until I showed it to her. The actual closing costs were $4,600 but a contract is a contract and I received a surprise $700 check from the seller.

anonymous4

Need to lol at the lame ****s whining that people are "bragging" in this thread. Please, every cent is well earned at UPS be it $18,000 or $100,000, hourly or management.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Just made a 200 dollar bet with another driver I'll hit 100k in 2013. I'll hit 95 this year easily if peak this year is close to last years peak volume. Kinda curious how many of you have hit the "milestone" 6 figures yet, and if so, what are few tips that you could give? I'm not intrested in anything that envolves bonus or compromising integrity by consorting with management. I already get late pickups that no one else wants and my neighbor routes know I'll help them take their stops off if they're heavy, anything else you could suggest?
Jackburton,

I concerned about what time you have left for your family.

Are you spending enough time with them to fulfill your responsibilities?

Sincerely,
I

As
Jackburton,

Sincerely,
I
I'd be a whole lot more concerned if he was like some of these guys who doesn't want to work but three days a week and can't pay their bills. Jackburton is just being a plain old fashioned man. My hats off to him for manning up.

Integrity

Binge Poster
AsI'd be a whole lot more concerned if he was like some of these guys who doesn't want to work but three days a week and can't pay their bills. Jackburton is just being a plain old fashioned man. My hats off to him for manning up.
anonymous,

Thanks for your thoughts.

I agree, I would also concerned if a man wasn't properly fulfilling his responsibility to provide for the physical needs of his family.

I would be equally concerned but not more concerned.

This however is obviously not the case in this situation.

All hats should be off for men who step up and provide for their families.

A man who spends all his time at work and isn't present to the properly care for the other needs of his family is still not on the right track.

The American culture seems to encourage workaholic, materialistic behavior in men.

Wives need their husbands, children need their daddies.

There is no justification for not providing for all the needs of your family, physical, emotional and spiritual.

Sincerely,
I

texan

anonymous,

I agree, I would also concerned if a man wasn't properly fulfilling his responsibility to provide for the physical needs of his family.

A man who spends all his time at work and isn't present to the properly care for the other needs of his family is still not on the right track.

The American culture seems to encourage workaholic, materialistic behavior in men.

There is no justification for not providing for all the needs of your family, physical, emotional and spiritual.

Sincerely,
I

You should have experienced US military life.

In some units it is 6 days a week, 10 to 14 hours a day.

In deployments it is 6 to 8 months away from family, some much more.

Some whine and say, why should they obtain a pension after 20 to 24 years of service?

Bless our military personnel.

yeldarb

AsI'd be a whole lot more concerned if he was like some of these guys who doesn't want to work but three days a week and can't pay their bills. Jackburton is just being a plain old fashioned man. My hats off to him for manning up.
anonymous,

Sincerely,
I
with that said, I
We can be equally concerned for management then? They work long hours, and are often so stressed by hitting their numbers that they are forced to take work home with them. I often will hear management call the office after they have gone home for the evening verifying that everything is going smoothly. It's easy to criticize what someone is, or is not doing, however when someone does that, they are often trying to cover up their own shortcomings.

CharleyHustle

Obvious to who?

I haven't worked a weekend in 35 years, I get 7 paid weeks of vacation, 2 optional holidays. I get 3 8hr requests a month, I can file under the 9.5 language to reduce overtime. What's obvious to me is you are trying to make out working at UPS akin to being sentenced to hard labor in prison, something that is far from the truth. It isn't perfect, when my kids were younger I struggled to make stuff, but somehow we muddled through. Looking back, I was or did do more than peers who had less challenging jobs. When I was a kid many dads double shifted 7 days a week in the auto plants. Some of my friends I never even met or saw their dads, and most of them turned out just fine.

yeldarb

Obvious to who?

I haven't worked a weekend in 35 years, I get 7 paid weeks of vacation, 2 optional holidays. I get 3 8hr requests a month, I can file under the 9.5 language to reduce overtime. What's obvious to me is you are trying to make out working at UPS akin to being sentenced to hard labor in prison, something that is far from the truth. It isn't perfect, when my kids were younger I struggled to make stuff, but somehow we muddled through. Looking back, I was or did do more than peers who had less challenging jobs. When I was a kid many dads double shifted 7 days a week in the auto plants. Some of my friends I never even met or saw their dads, and most of them turned out just fine.
also, when we were growing up, most women stayed home to raise the family. Now, few women stay home. If working longer hours allows the mother to stay home, I see no problem with that.

CharleyHustle

Fully understand the stay at home moms. My wife has worked since and before we met and my kids (not bragging) and wife and home life are just fine. When I started there was no Next Day Air, no Saturday delivery, no commit times but be in by 9pm with pick ups. Just about every driver did over 50 hours a week, but just Monday through Friday. I fully knew this going in, it's what I signed up for. It really hasn't changed in 30+ years, lots of hours but weekends off. The contracts have been able to address some of these issues and to me its never been easier to reduce your overtime. The reality is that this has never been an 8hr job, and looking at current conditions I don't ever see it being one in the future. I sometimes get a chuckle out of posters who reminisce about how good it used to be and how terrible it is now. For me its always been pretty much the same for 30some years.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton,

Sincerely,
I
I'm making sure that my family is well taken care if now and in the future. I choose to spend quality time with my family, not quanity. People who classify spending time with their family as setting their children in front of the tv and doing something else isn't what I do. When you work like we do, late into the night, you value the time you have with your family even more. You might even say that the more that you work, the more you appreciate the time you do have with your family. By me working the hours I do it supplies the means for my family to do things that they otherwise wouldn't be able to do, improving our quality of life.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
anonymous,

Sincerely,
I
I'll bite
You seem to know what I do on the weekends, how I spend the time with my family, and what our future plans are with the extra money I'm earning. Let me enlighten you as to what I'm able to do. I'll be able to fund my children's college fund in cash, I currently have 0 debts besides a modest 180k mortgage, we are able to do Disney vacations with the kids every year, fund a 401kRoth 100%, and have the freedom to tell UPS to piss off at any time, can you say the same? The way I look at it by me working the way I do, I supply my family a lot more freedom than some people who work less. Financial arguments are the number one reason for divorces, in case you were wondering.

CharleyHustle

I choose to spend quality time with my family, not quanity.

Jack, my wife works in an urban school district. The parents or in most cases parent of the kids she deals with NEVER work. By "I's" reasoning these kids should be the most well-adjusted kids on the planet. Sorely not the case.