UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is a town locally which used to be a mining town. They use dust from the mine to treat the roads after plowing. It's free but you do get what you pay for as all it does it provide some traction but does little to melt the snow/ice.

Vermont uses a brine mixture to treat the roads.

I try to run my car through the carwash every other week during the winter.

There is a town locally which used to be a mining town. They use dust from the mine to treat the roads after plowing. It's free but you do get what you pay for as all it does it provide some traction but does little to melt the snow/ice.

Vermont uses a brine mixture to treat the roads.

I try to run my car through the carwash every other week during the winter.

Our township has started using cinders from the power plants up north to mix 50/50 with the sal to cut costs and get the job done with a less destructive material.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I share everyone's sentiment here regarding new cars. My current daily driver is a 96 thunderbird that I purchased from my grandmother in Dec. of 2009 that had 42k miles on it. It has 58k today. I also have a truck that I bought in 2007 with 65k miles on it, and today it has 94k and still runs strong. I've always driven older, run down cars. Mostly because until I went fulltime I couldn't afford much more than that anyways, or I had other, more important financial goals to reach for like buying a house. I admit every once in a while I think about buying a new car(Everytime gas prices skyrocket I think about how nice it would be to have a new jetta TDI in the driveway), and would very much like to do so but I just can't overcome the financial hurdle of making car payments and owning such a quickly depreciating asset.

I think you are just waiting for Obama to buy you a new car.
O ... BA ... MA!