1095-C (health insurance)Form

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Mr.Golden, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Mr.Golden

Mr.Golden Active Member

As part of the Affordable Care Act UPS is required to report health insurance coverage information to the IRS and provide you a statement of that coverage. The IRS created Form 1095-C to serve as that statement.

Much like a W-2, Form 1095-C is required to file your 2015 federal tax forms. The form will be available in February 2016. All current and former UPSers, union and non-union, in the U.S., Guam, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands will receive this form.

If you have health insurance coverage that UPS administers, your 1095-C will show the year or months in which you had coverage. If your coverage is through a multi-employer trust, your 1095-C from UPS will show the year or months in which contributions were made on your behalf. Your multi-employer fund will send you a Form 1095-B that shows your coverage months.

Updates completed by January 7 will show on your Form 1095-C in February. If you prefer to have your Form 1095-C sent to you electronically, visit mytaxform.com and choose "go paperless today".

This came directly from www.upsers.com

2. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Because of Romneycare we already have this type of form .
    It comes from the insurance carrier , I thunk .

3. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

Thanks Obama.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Is this form in addition to the totals shown on our W-2's?

5. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

The totals shown on your W-2 are the dollar amount of your insurance.

The 1095-C shows that you had coverage in order to satisfy Obamacare and his penalty to individuals who do not have insurance.

6. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

You might have to wait until February to file next year.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Hope not---I was planning on filing while I am recuperating from my surgery in January.