1099-b tax form import from computershare

j4ck4zz

Do any of you know of a tax preparation website that will import my 1099-b info from computershare? Turbotax won't do it for sure, and I have a rather thick 1099-b.

brett636

I doubt there is a tax program that will do that. The 1099-B usually only shows half of the information you will need to fill out a Schedule D to include in your tax return. It will show what your proceeds were from the sale of stock, but won't show what you paid for it. When i did taxes on a professional basis I had to correct a few returns where someone didn't take this into account and the 1099-B was treated as 100% income when this was almost never the case. Looks like you have some work ahead of you if you sold a lot of stock in 2013. Goodluck!

upschuck

Can you still put "Various" in the date field, if it was bought and drip'ed for 10+years, one for long term, one for short term? If not that is going to be a lot of data entry for me.

Mr. Marshall

Did you receive your 1099 from Computershare? I have not and I cannot find it on the website. I also sold some stock for the first time and I need to figure out how to report it.