12 Crucial Holdouts in the UPS Labor Battle

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by cheryl, Oct 17, 2013.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

12 Crucial Holdouts in the UPS Labor Battle - Motley Fool

Wall Street may be ignoring the continuing labor negotiations between the United Parcel Service (NYSE: UPS ) and the Teamsters, but investors should keep a very close eye on these negotiations as they unfold. There remain 12 supplemental contracts still to be voted on, and if they can't come to an agreement, the national contract will not go into effect. Further, if these contracts don't pass after a third vote, it could lead to a strike in those specific locations.

[video=youtube;OCTs9S-rVxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCTs9S-rVxo[/video]

2. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

The word is getting out to customers...time to move your volume over to Fed Ex.

3. dragracer66

dragracer66 Active Member

Fed Ex would soil there little blue shorts if they had to do a 1/10'th of what we do! The guy that does my neighborhood says he averages 50-65 stops a day. Plus he has to unload and load himself. Yea send it all to Fed Ex they will come back like they always always do!!!!!

4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

There is no chance we will go on strike.

5. dragracer66

dragracer66 Active Member

Oh yes there is. Not nationally but in some of the locals that still haven't settled they can if it's voted down for a 3'rd time....

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  6. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

If they go on strike. They are morons

7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I think we do more by 12 than FedEx does all day.

8. chuchu

chuchu Guest

Don't mess with Worldport.....especially at peak.
    Say what you want but the IPA won't cross local 89s strike line and UPS is going to get a really big black eye that actually should be worn by the IBT. There's where you find morons.

9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Worldport is UPS's soft underbelly. Put all their eggs in one basket. A couple days of slowdowns will get their attention. Worked for the pilots. A few years ago it seemed like every Saturday we were having aircraft problems. Disappeared after UPS settled with the pilots.

10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

It will be interesting to see how the underbelly does with this Memphis threat. I bet five years from now Louisville has a lot less work and Memphis has 1000% more. We'll see

11. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I don't like IPAs. Do you?????

12. chuchu

chuchu Guest

Anything is possible. Like investing in TNT and the Big Brown horse on steroids. Memphis TN isn't reachable logistic wise like Louky is. No way Ohio or Indiana is going to run there nightly and turn around but volume could divert....some.

13. chuchu

chuchu Guest

They helped us greatly in 97! Yeah, I like em.

14. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I meant IPA beers?? There not my favorite.

15. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I think if ups had it to do over they wouldn't have put world port there. Sea level elevation and the weather is to volatile. Guess how much business is in Memphis that ups can steal away from FedEx. I don't know how much but I here it's a ton.

16. chuchu

chuchu Guest

I don't drink alcohol anymore (32 yrs ago I quit) so I missed your joke. I traded that to keep my marriage and my future. It was too easy to lean on in a stressful world.

17. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

I quit last Sunday.
    I plan on picking it up again tomorrow night.

18. chuchu

chuchu Guest

Jury trials are expensive. I was the poster child.

19. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

that kind of arrogance will beat us in the long run.

20. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

the threat of strike in those "specific" areas is kind of watered down, isn't it? whatever happened to "union" ??