14,000 missed stops in my building

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My building has 3 centers with about 225 routes. Yesterday, due to the worst weather we have seen in years, my building had over 14,000 missed stops. I am not making this up, this information was shared with us at the PCM. This morning we had 2 full retain trailers full of missed stops and send agains from the previous day that never even got unloaded.
One of the routes on my center went out with 350 stops and a helper on Monday. He got 55 delivered. The next day he had over 500, and brought back 400 of them. I have brought back 200 stops of my own this week, there are entire areas of my route that are totally inaccessible due to the snow. It is insane.
To make it even better...our start time for tomorrow got delayed one hour because most of our volume coming down from Seattle cant make it down I-5 in time due to the weather. Our hub is getting killed because 2/3 of our routes arent getting their pickup volume back to the building before 8:00 at night and they are supposed to wrap and have the hot trailers rolling by 8:45. Our District Manager has requested Corporate to allow us to come in and work on Sunday to try and get our heads above water. As it stands now, there is utterly no hope of us getting cleaned up by Christmas Eve. And....the weather forecast is calling for even MORE snow this weekend.

I love this job!!!:happy-very:

P

pickup

My building has 3 centers with about 225 routes. Yesterday, due to the worst weather we have seen in years, my building had over 14,000 missed stops. I am not making this up, this information was shared with us at the PCM. This morning we had 2 full retain trailers full of missed stops and send agains from the previous day that never even got unloaded.
One of the routes on my center went out with 350 stops and a helper on Monday. He got 55 delivered. The next day he had over 500, and brought back 400 of them. I have brought back 200 stops of my own this week, there are entire areas of my route that are totally inaccessible due to the snow. It is insane.
To make it even better...our start time for tomorrow got delayed one hour because most of our volume coming down from Seattle cant make it down I-5 in time due to the weather. Our hub is getting killed because 2/3 of our routes arent getting their pickup volume back to the building before 8:00 at night and they are supposed to wrap and have the hot trailers rolling by 8:45. Our District Manager has requested Corporate to allow us to come in and work on Sunday to try and get our heads above water. As it stands now, there is utterly no hope of us getting cleaned up by Christmas Eve. And....the weather forecast is calling for even MORE snow this weekend.

where's rudolph when you need him?::happy2:

I'mTheMan

That's where Santa comes in with his flying reindeer when it need snow to land in there and help. :) Yes, you're correct, more snow this weekend and not to mention high foothills of 50-70 cold battered winds!!!! We can get through this and peak is just almost over. Not just Seattle, but there's are other cities that are even battered too as right across the country. We just need to work together and get it done together and by then, if so, we can spend our time with families on Christmas Day. :)

stringerman85

I bet Jim Casey would have never imagined Seattle getting that much snow....How about that record snow in Vegas? Wow...I bet those drivers were unprepared :happy-very:

chev

Nightcrawler
I guess it's safe to say you will have a white Christmas? :happy-very:
I bet you are really loving snow right about now,sober. All we keep getting is rain. I am so sick of rain.
I think it might take a little more than just Sunday delivery to clean that mess up. I don't envy you guys.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Sober

Got a place to stay? Ill bring the suburban, lots of room for packages, and it goes good in the snow. I can be your "helper":wink2:

d

LiL"Comet"

8_2_74v.gif
8_2_111.gif
I've found you some help sober they should be there any time but beware of Rudolph he said it's BS he didn't sing up to pull a brown sleigh!!

36_15_62.gif

Last edited:

brownrodster

Our District Manager has requested Corporate to allow us to come in and work on Sunday to try and get our heads above water. As it stands now, there is utterly no hope of us getting cleaned up by Christmas Eve. And....the weather forecast is calling for even MORE snow this weekend.

Same situation here. I'm experience the same storm as you. They are considering a sunday shift here. And hoping that if everyone works on the 26th we'll get caught up. Numerous trailers sitting out back that are not even getting unloaded everyday. However, we are lucky enough that management tells us to jettison the stops we know we won't get delivered and focus on stuff that will get delivered.

john346

No more Brown!
In the grand scope of things, in a hundred years, no one will ever remember! We are getting the leftovers of that storm system here too, after two hours of shoveling & plowing, the wind started to blow. When we get snow it's fun enough, but when the wind kicks in, thats where we really rack up those valuable bonus points!:biting:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have to give credit where credit is due to our management. They are allowing us to unload the undeliverable stops out of our cars before we leave in the AM so that we arent fighting the bulk all day.

I also have to give credit to our Automotive dept. They were prepared, with ample quantities of the high-quality PEWAG snow chains. I have heard of other regions where the drivers have to beg and argue to get chains, but not here. Automotive has every mechanic working overtime in the AM to help install and repair the chains. They got it right.

cwmaxxout

Originally Posted by soberups

GM would love too rent your centers a fleet of HUMMMER'S plus U-haul trailers. Great commercial for all involved UPS- GM-U-Haul MAXXOUT!!!!!!

MobileBA

Let me see your getting back to building @8 and feeder is dispatched at 8:45, it is obvious to me that they are not running a sort in a 45 minute span. Maybe feeder is leaving late.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
we had late air today. one of our planes didn't leave chicago on time because of the weather and the air can didn't even get to our building until 10 a.m. our centers were scrambling to find drivers to help deliver all the air. i heard we missed a few trailers of air. tomorrows saturday air is going to s u c k!

DS

Fenderbender
It was our turn today in Toronto.It was a white knuckle day. They paged us at around 5pm and said to finish or call our pickups and sheet the undelivered packages as missed,and return to the building.I had 28 missed.I was wishing I had my old p800 back,the p57 freightliner sucked in the snow.I guestimate our bldg missed about 5000 stops
happy holidays

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'd volunteer to go help. I don't mind the snow for a little while as long as I don't have to live in it. We should get a volunteer pool together to go help Sober and DS. UPS can pay for the airline tickets.:happy-very:

scoobypanda

They say misery loves company, so maybe it will make you feel better if you go to denverbrown.com and check out george's archives. He wrote some great stories from the year before last's peak-from-hell, storm of the century, feet of snow nightmare. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

I'mTheMan

In my hub, we had a lot of volume to catch on due to thursday's storm so at last minute, changed hours to 2 to 3 hrs earlier and take 2 breaks. By almost 9 pm, we were almost done, but the bad news was we got called from another hub, saying their operations were shut down due to power outage and going to bring 10 trucks to our hub. Management says the volume going process to do it all night long if have to get anything done. I couldn't stay longer so by about 10:30, I had to leave due to thick ice and snow storms on the way again so it's important to know how safe is to be to get home to my family. As of next week, we should get everything all delivered in time before christmas. We just have one more wind, snow storms to go through this weekend and then we should get our warmer weather back by then and all will go smooth as it sounds. :)