14,000 missed stops in my building

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What are you guys doing about the food products, such as Omaha and QVC?

Well the 1/2 empty cup of coffee I left in my truck over the weekend was a chunk of brown ice yesterday morning....so hopefully the perishable food stuffs arent spoiling. If they do, they do. Ive had an Omaha steak in my truck since last Wednesday. No phone # on package, and I cant get to within 5 miles of the customers house to deliver it. Hopefully it hasnt thawed out yet. It doesnt smell like it.

InTheRed

That weather sounds horrible. You can't fight the weather, it is what it is. I'm sure 90% of the customers are somewhat understanding, but there are always those customers that believe we can get through anything, even if they can't even walk 100 feet to their mailbox, they expect us to climb 5 miles up a mountain to get to their home.

buttere

We had a real bad ice storm last year here in Kansas right before Christmas. We got real backed up real fast and they brought in managers from the surrounding area to be used as driver helpers or drive rentals for a few days until we got caught back up. As far as customers upset about their Omaha steaks, surely everyone in the area dealing with the same weather totally understands if not, who cares.

I'mTheMan

Since snow / blizzard storm from last week has delayed trains coming in with all of it's ups's trailers and volume in it. Today, I was there for air service and I saw like over 100,000 packages in my hub that never got done. The package that delayed service to our customers were NDA, 2DA, 3DA, Ground, and International packages from all over the world that came to our hub were sit there and didn't get delivered in time to our customers. I feel bad that our customers are so furious that they didn't get the gift for christmas this year. There's no drivers helpers, only one or two additional rentals trucks, and it's worse peak I have ever seen in my entire life of nearly 13 1/2 years in service. Even though, a lot of volume will sit there in hub thru christmas eve, christmas day till friday and hoping to get it all delivered but I don't think so because more trailers will be unloaded on friday morning so doesn't look good to get any thing done till next week before new years. Right now I just couldn't believe it in my eyes of what I am seeing this and it just never seen such too many service failures in my life like this.

drewed

Shankman
Since snow / blizzard storm from last week has delayed trains coming in with all of it's ups's trailers and volume in it. Today, I was there for air service and I saw like over 100,000 packages in my hub that never got done. The package that delayed service to our customers were NDA, 2DA, 3DA, Ground, and International packages from all over the world that came to our hub were sit there and didn't get delivered in time to our customers. I feel bad that our customers are so furious that they didn't get the gift for christmas this year. There's no drivers helpers, only one or two additional rentals trucks, and it's worse peak I have ever seen in my entire life of nearly 13 1/2 years in service. Even though, a lot of volume will sit there in hub thru christmas eve, christmas day till friday and hoping to get it all delivered but I don't think so because more trailers will be unloaded on friday morning so doesn't look good to get any thing done till next week before new years. Right now I just couldn't believe it in my eyes of what I am seeing this and it just never seen such too many service failures in my life like this.

BFI had quite possibly the worst chain events to make the WORST last day of peak ever.

I'mTheMan

BFI had quite possibly the worst chain events to make the WORST last day of peak ever.

Oh man, I could not tell you that I have ever seen and heard that BFI did make such WORST last day ever of peak when it blocked out so late and it did not look so good at all. No promises were made to customers at this time this year. Last year, we worked very hard to get plane out on time and we did, but since 31 of us had layoff from this year, it didn't sit well and managements thinks they can do it without us but they were dead wrong on this one. This is unethical and very very big mistake when it didn't keep it's promises for packages to deliver in time before Christmas and that didn't happen this year. :( By the way, Merry Christmas everyone. :)

Mike Hawk

What are you guys doing about the food products, such as Omaha and QVC?
Don't worry, during snow storms UPS upgrades all its trailers to refrigerated storage by parking them in snow drifts! Sucks for the Monavie customers though.

On another note I'm proud to say my building had ZERO missed stops over this snowstorm, we sheet everything EC like good UPSers and throw it in a storage trailer, left in building? It was because of snow, throw it in the EC trailer, Driver didn't have enough time to do that stop even though the roads to it were clear? Throw it in the EC trailer! Sometimes they don't even send out routes and just toss them into an EC trailer. Thousands of Christmas gifts late but don't worry guys we hit our missed pieces numbers!

United
Parcel
Screw the customers!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Here's a quick tip, Carry a tow rope (if you can find one) sometimes all you need is someone with a heavy duty truck to pull you out to get you going. As a poster noted minimal wait time 6 hrs for tow ain't joking. It can be awfully lonely waiting out there on a deserted street.

Our NW town shut down in 1996. A state of emergency was declared and everyone was ordered off the roads. The national guard was called in.

That was up north, wasn't it? Not in Seattle, Seattle was business as usual. Only missed one or two buildings due to driver laziness not weather.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Here's a quick tip, Carry a tow rope (if you can find one) sometimes all you need is someone with a heavy duty truck to pull you out to get you going. As a poster noted minimal wait time 6 hrs for tow ain't joking. It can be awfully lonely waiting out there on a deserted street.

I brought my own tow strap, and got pulled 4 times yesterday. Management actually paged me to pull other drivers out when they got stuck.

On my way back to the buiding last night I was towing my pup trailer. The driver ahead of me was also towing a trailer, and when he turned off of the main highway (which had been plowed) he got high-centered in the ruts and the pile of plowed snow on the side street. I gunned it to keep up my speed, went around him, and made it thru the intersection. I took my pup trialer back to the building, dropped it, and went back to the stuck driver. With other package cars blocking traffic, I hooked up to the bumper of the stuck truck and was able to pull him and his pup trailer out of the snow bank and through the ruts.

Does this mean I get paid for pulling triples?:happy-very:

I'mTheMan

Our NW town shut down in 1996. A state of emergency was declared and everyone was ordered off the roads. The national guard was called in.

Yeah I saw the National Guard's aircraft at BFI this week and looks like they have it there just in case if any needed for the storm if gets more worst when equipment is needed to be used for that type of the serious weather. Right now I'm only worried is the flooding right now because of snow packs melts and makes it worse of everything on the road. Not enough plow drivers in this NW right now and my car is taking some serious under carriage damage when I needed to get to work every day as possible. Just life where I just can't believe that really big snow storm can really take your time and things can just never get done you know? Hopefully soon we can get a break and return to normal if this won't be any longer, I hope? :)

I'mTheMan

That was up north, wasn't it? Not in Seattle, Seattle was business as usual. Only missed one or two buildings due to driver laziness not weather.

Well according from last night, still many drivers that I've seen at the hub still brought package back in even if it wasn't delivered so still make the matters worse anyway. This is different than it was back in 1996. So tomorrow on friday, drivers got full swing of deliveries to catch up on as long weather still in bad news around the NW right now. :) Unless if driver still tell the manager if still can't delivered within a day? Then package will still be "delayed" thru the weekends till monday for ground services. NDA will upgrade to saturday delivery for this saturday and get it done from there. One thing though about Sonic Air on holidays, UPS won't pay for that kind of shipment so it'll have to wait till after Christmas to get busy again with the storms going on. That's what customers will be driving mad all over again. Can't say I don't blame the customers for that been going on.

Well according from last night, still many drivers that I've seen at the hub still brought package back in even if it wasn't delivered so still make the matters worse anyway.

A buddy of mine had 968 stops forcasted to him Wednesday.

LiL"Comet"

I brought my own tow strap, and got pulled 4 times yesterday. Management actually paged me to pull other drivers out when they got stuck.

On my way back to the buiding last night I was towing my pup trailer. The driver ahead of me was also towing a trailer, and when he turned off of the main highway (which had been plowed) he got high-centered in the ruts and the pile of plowed snow on the side street. I gunned it to keep up my speed, went around him, and made it thru the intersection. I took my pup trialer back to the building, dropped it, and went back to the stuck driver. With other package cars blocking traffic, I hooked up to the bumper of the stuck truck and was able to pull him and his pup trailer out of the snow bank and through the ruts.

Does this mean I get paid for pulling triples?:happy-very:
12_7_28.gif

8_2_105.gif
Rudolph will be your new name since its up to you get everybody headed in the right direction!!! :wink2:

Kudo's to ya!!!