15 minute grace when late

anonymous4

I have said this before, I will say it again: I have been late every single day for nearly two years and no one has said a word. There are others who have a similar "deal", including one who is late 30 minutes + every day and nothing is ever said. Personally, I have a full-time job with a set clock out. I have to drive 80 mph in route to UPS if I am to avoid being more than a few minutes late. I have never brought this up to management but they seem to use a don't ask don't tell policy on me. I am a sensitive guy and I bring other qualities that make up for my 5 minutes of tardiness.

A fifteen minute grace-period doesn't seem sensible. I suggest being punctual.

Buck Fifty

I have had the company want to count the days brothers and sisters punch in exactly on their start time. True they would actually be late, but I think mike ditka says it best. "Come on man !"

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
The same guy also told me that there is a 6 month grace period when you retire !? Iithink he is nuts with this grace period thing. Never heard of such a thing

Most of our guys take all their vaca at the end. When their vacation is up they get a cake and a handshake goodbye. 2 weeks later their start time is up for bid.

laffter

We have a guy who misloads daily, shows up late regularly, doesn't come in at all sometimes. He has been here for at least a couple of years.

It seems like around here, if you mostly show up and do some kind of work, you're good to go. They're hard pressed to keep people from running away- especially with all of the "senior" part timers who have started driving this peak.