16 year pt transferred to driver not giving me a fair chance to make book

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jerzcity1979, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Jj1213

Jj1213 Need that full time

In an in New Jersey local 177 just want to ask a question see if anyone can help me . I'm on day 23 and they keep sending me home worked 1 day in the past 7. Don't they have to give me my chance within 60 calander days?

2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

You have been working for UPS for 16 and still can't find your Steward to ask him a important question like this... Also you didn't transfer to driving you either won a bid or put your name on the list to become a driver when a position opened....

to answer your question NO

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Jj1213

Company is very shady management seems like since I have years in they don't want me to make book Steward told me when 60 days come up we talk to center manager All they talk about is numbers they put me out there 2 weeks straight in blizzard conditions expecting a scratch? WtF. Not a fair shot

4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Sixteen years in and you still believe in 'fair?'

5. Jj1213

No I know how they are but damn I got 2 kids and bills either send me back to hub or give me my chance

6. MethodsMan

MethodsMan Active Member

You make too much. They don't want to have to pay you what your current wages were throughout progression.

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

They do the same at my center. Your not alone.

8. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

It's been terrible weather wise in the past seven days so maybe it's a nice break for you.

You still have 7 days to scratch. Talk to center manager. Ask about your production. Ask questions!

As for your family; when you are not able to drive, see if you can work twilight to make up hours.

9. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

OP - what building in 177? Judging by your handle I'm guessing either Meadowlands, Gould Ave., or Parsippany?

10. Jj1213

Meadowlands. They say can't work in hub during probation It seems management gets angry and doesn't like me talking to steward and asking questions

11. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

You don't have a right to an 8 hour guaranteed day until you make book. You're in something of a sink hole and UPS is trying to play the game; cover drivers usually have the right to work the local sort if they're cut for the day but the same doesn't apply to a pre-seniority FT driver. I would just keep at it, try to make book and then burn those motherfuckers every chance you get once you get the hang of the job and can memorize every method.

12. Jj1213

Are they trying to make me say f::k it and go back to hub? Numbers don't look good because of blizzard conditions couple weeks back now that it's clear not sending me out

13. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

Just look at the National Grievance docket and all the 177 cases ,that may be why management is busting your chops. Not saying it is right just saying.......

14. Jj1213

Prob so they know I have years in. Kid hired after me they are working him everyday

15. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

You can still work inside if you're laid off consecutive days. Talk to your steward

Sent using BrownCafe App

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Being laid off and not having work for you is not necessarily one in the same.

The OP only has a daily guarantee on the days that he is scheduled to work.

17. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

why are you filing on that???

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Based on what? There is no seniority among drivers in qualification.

19. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

here, you gotta work your 30 days in packet... others are sent back or home

20. Jj1213

They did not give me my chance at. 30 and now I must file a grievance