16 year pt transferred to driver not giving me a fair chance to make book

UPSGUY72

Got word from union might get a shot at another 30

LOL and think things are going turn out different this time after you ruffled some feather the feathers that still are the ones that determine if you make your 30 days or not. You should have chalk this years not making book as a learning experience and try again next year. But instead you decided that bitching and complaining would be better.

Good luck that bullseye you painted on your back is going to real easy for management to hit...

PT Car Washer

Local management may also be giving Jerz just enough rope to hang himself permanently. After you qualify and with the 4 year progression UPS owns you. 60 hours a week. No vacations for a year. Work as directed. Brand new off the street hire. Could be a rough ride.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To be fair, trying to qualify during what has been a very rough winter can be a daunting task.

Jerz, you need to take full advantage of this second chance and an attitude change would go a long way to help make this happen.

Jj1213

Need that full time
LOL and think things are going turn out different this time after you ruffled some feather the feathers that still are the ones that determine if you make your 30 days or not. You should have chalk this years not making book as a learning experience and try again next year. But instead you decided that bitching and complaining would be better.

Good luck that bullseye you painted on your back is going to real easy for management to hit...
All I have to do is follow the methods

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

To be fair to the OP, he had a bulls-eye on his back from Day one. Bitching and complaining just made it bigger.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am sure things have changed:clubbing:When I went to ft driving from part time sup, insiders went in at their current rate. Since they considered me outside hire, I got cut to 9.11 per hr. The starting rate then for driver. So for the first two yrs, I made the same working ft as I did part time. I would not know how they do it now tho.

Jj1213

Need that full time
To be fair to the OP, he had a bulls-eye on his back from Day one. Bitching and complaining just made it bigger.
If that's what you call I feel bad for all of you and your negative comments I'm a a person who is going to stand up for myself
If i don't get it I don't then I will know it was on my terms not theirs
Also my BA told me no grievance was not even needed so I must have had a case

Jj1213

Need that full time

Maybe you let people walk all over you but not me I fight let people keep telling you no and see where you end up in life

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If that's what you call I feel bad for all of you and your negative comments I'm a a person who is going to stand up for myself
If i don't get it I don't then I will know it was on my terms not theirs
Also my BA told me no grievance was not even needed so I must have had a case
I didn't say you didn't have a case or were wrong in what you did....I probably wouldn't have done much differently than you did.

UPSGUY72

All I have to do is follow the methods

No you have to make the numbers with what they give you each day. Without getting hurt or in an accident. Coming back to the building and complaining that
Maybe you let people walk all over you but not me I fight let people keep telling you no and see where you end up in life

I made my 30 days driving the first time. Can you say the same.....

I also I'm one of the youngest person to go through and graduate US Army Flight School would have been the youngest but broke my jaw a couple of days out of High school so had to wait till it healed before I could enter the Army. I also made it through that the first time around. I have seen people in flight get kick out because the couldn't roll there socks correctly.

Your problem is that you don't know when to shut your mouth and during the 16 before your 30 days driving you pissed someone or a bunch of people off and they are now repaying the favor.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No you have to make the numbers with what they give you each day. Without getting hurt or in an accident. Coming back to the building and complaining that

I made my 30 days driving the first time. Can you say the same.....

I also I'm one of the youngest person to go through and graduate US Army Flight School would have been the youngest but broke my jaw a couple of days out of High school so had to wait till it healed before I could enter the Army. I also made it through that the first time around. I have seen people in flight get kick out because the couldn't roll there socks correctly.

Your problem is that you don't know when to shut your mouth and during the 16 before your 30 days driving you pissed someone or a bunch of people off and they are now repaying the favor.
upsguy72 is right. If you get the chance to qualify again....you need to act like a brand new employee...not like a guy whose been playing this game for over a decade. Keep your mouth shut, and do what you're told and act eager.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You have to keep in mind that you have to pick and choose your battles. Its one thing to stand tall and another to be hard headed. When you are trying to gain seniority you are at their mercy. Make it so they think you are the greatest driver ever and that you bleed brown. The whole key to this job is to work smart and think on your feet.