165 stops at Ground to end

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Code 82 Approved, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Code 82 Approved

Code 82 Approved Titanium Plus+ Level Member

WIth pickups I had around 165 stops most of last week, with the new rules I'm being split in half. Aside from training the new person, to do the other half, I think this is good news.

2. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

What "new rules"?

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Is this good news financially for you?

4. UpstateNYUPSer

New FMCSA 30 minute lunch directive.

5. Code 82 Approved

I had the balls to actually ask for a raise. You should have seen his face.

6. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

165 thats gravy in ups land lol

7. Code 82 Approved

4 UPS Guys cover my area, that tells me we got 25%, and I bitch?

8. UpstateNYUPSer

82, don't listen to Randy. We have one route out of the 28 or so in my center that dispatches anywhere near the 165 stop mark. That is a lot of work.

9. Code 82 Approved

Thx, i almost felt like a slacker.

10. Code 82 Approved

In fact the guy who covered me 2 weeks ago isn't talking to me. He did it 3 days, my contractor covered thurs/fri. And decided to split the route.

11. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

4 guys should tell you that they have 4 times the volume you do and their express volume as well.

12. Code 82 Approved

I have a p1200 packed to the gills every day on fashion row I lovingly call my route. I'm just getting older and tired.

13. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

And I'm sure the UPS guys are packed to the gills every day as well. At least every driver I've come across is.

14. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Nah but on the real i average 135 to 160 every day. 120 to 140 miles or so. You get used to it no doubt. Mad ot thats bout the only cool part bout it but that gets old too getting home at 830 to 930 every night

15. northbound

northbound Member

What time do you start?

16. northbound

northbound Member

165 stops per day is too much if your going over 100 miles

17. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

If I had the Ground drivers Del and PUPs on my truck/route, there's no way I could do it.
    I do 80-85 DEL, done by 2:00 (sometimes sooner), PUPS start at 3:00 with 33 regulars and drive 50-55 miles total. Home at 7:00-7:10. Not bad when the kids are off, but when they need homework help and I have to shower, eat dinner, give the cat her meds and feed my fish, it gets late very fast.

18. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

19. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Our center is a mess. Never enough drivers, not enough routes put in everyday,idiot dispatches and even worse loaders. Place is ran like sh_t to be honest with ya. I just laugh everyday and think to myself this is the most idiotic unorganized and worst ran place ive ever worked. If it werent for the drivers fixing their mistakes everyday they would be dunzo dude lol

20. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

I do about 165 a week. Jealous?