165 stops at Ground to end

HomeDelivery

I do about 165 a week. Jealous?

but Ground has a different payscale; maybe you do 50 bulk stops a day or so mostly backing up to docks, spending how many minutes per stop unloading out of a 24-26 foot straight truck?

i've tried both green divisions & i rather travel around to residential stops over businesses as a cover driver.

ps: jumpman be happy you're paid by the hour for their incompetence...

Hate 150lb Packages

HD, thats a heavy load. I do 80 in one day, max. I prefer residential over business as well. Not too hard to hit 30-35 in an hour. Its nice when you get 3 or 4 houses in a row.

HomeDelivery

Hate, i was talking to STFXG... his stop count is ~ 165 for the week... not by the day

I know that we are more spread out than UPS; that's why we have different opcos to make up for the difference on how much "tighter" the browners' service areas are.

i sometimes do close to 250 miles on some rural routes in my area so i know that each route is different in the stops / miles comparison

I'm glad that the OP's contractor has finally saw how his route was really 2 rolled up into one

at HD, some routes are constantly maxed out that they better start establishing them as 2 routes as well or the drivers will burn out/quit... then 2 new drivers have to come in to take his place (one being a supplemental ~ which i heard doesn't pay out as well as an established route)

Hate 150lb Packages

I'm a supp normally. We are all salaried at 33,000 per year. I sometimes cover the other routes that are their own PSAs, or whatever the lingo is. I usually put in 40-50 hours, which is slightly better than the average the others put in.

HomeDelivery

i was talking from a contractor's standpoint; they don't get the extra bonuses from running supps (from what i've heard). thats why some supp drivers in HD are using rental vehicles instead until FedEx gets the balls to turn them into real routes.

that's almost as bad as episode7's paycheck :( i'm earning almost 2x than yours (well since i recently asked for a split minimum salary/ and per stop pay above a set amount of stops)

and we have it easier at HD since the VRP plots our stops & we can either go along w/ the trace, or throw them to the recycling bin & do the route our own way...

the only gripe i have w/ HD is the sorting/pre-loading time that isn't paid for by the contractor. (someone here said they do get paid to sort/ pre-load their own vehicles; one single owner-op says it's something like 6 cents per package for his load/sort/pre-trip inspection time; another stated that in their terminal it was a $30 payout for doing that part of the job)

lately, i was upgraded from a rental boxvan to a new utilimaster E450 ford gasser so my pre-load time is quicker. the rear rollup door is much lighter than the older versions & i rarely miss rear barn doors now

MaineGroundDriver

My route anywhere from 75-110 stops a day, average 150 miles .. another guy on my "team" does 65-110 stops a day, 230-300 miles .. his route very rural, lots of interstate miles .. mine, fairly compact, main st traffic, mall, Walmart etc ..

​How do these 2 examples compare to what other Ground routes are like?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our center is a mess. Never enough drivers, not enough routes put in everyday,idiot dispatches and even worse loaders. Place is ran like sh_t to be honest with ya. I just laugh everyday and think to myself this is the most idiotic unorganized and worst ran place ive ever worked. If it werent for the drivers fixing their mistakes everyday they would be dunzo dude lol

Unfortunately this is the rule not the exception. I hate to think how much this company could make if ran smart and efficiently.

PublicWifi

165 is nucking futs. I work my ace off, especially when our volume increased by around 15-20% last August. A lot of drivers are running around like it's peak season, every day, non-stop, no down time, no lunch, etc... I'm sure this is the case with most of the other Ground drivers. One driver at my terminal delivers 130-140 a day and can get back to the terminal by 4-4:30. I'd be lucky to be back at 8 with that many.

Hate 150lb Packages

140 stops a day???? The most I've ever done was 112, the last business day before Christmas. I was hitting 40 houses per hour, and thought I was going to die. I couldn't imagine 140 per day. Is that including sorting and loading your vehicle? Half my day consists of driving to terminal, and loading, driving back. Only 3 or so hours of actual delivery.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
you're gonna have to pick up the pace...haven't you heard? - Fredward needs a new yacht. Apparently they found a barnacle on the hull of his current one, and besides, it's only a 180 footer. How embarrassed and inconvenienced he must be, I shudder to think

chop chop!, drive faster and remember - stop signs and school zone speed limits are for wilted pansies.

CJinx

What about trains? We had a 15 minute "safety meeting" at the end of sort last week and the underlying message was "don't run into a train".
I can understand people running into or getting hit by trains. It's not as if they have a predetermined route that they follow so you can predict their movements...

oh wait, they do! :knockedout:

Hate 150lb Packages

I always speed in front of trains. I jump in front of them like Lightning McQueen. I really want to get that empty directTV box and the orange box of Vema (health drink) to the 400 pound lady in the trailer that somehow keeps getting fatter.

CJinx

I always speed in front of trains. I jump in front of them like Lightning McQueen. I really want to get that empty directTV box and the orange box of Vema (health drink) to the 400 pound lady in the trailer that somehow keeps getting fatter.
Those DirectTV boxes account for 3/4 of the packages sittting in my QA cage at any given moment... and somehow, whenever I do find the consignee; they always say the same thing: "Hmm, the bill always goes to the right address!".

Argh!

overflowed

What about trains? We had a 15 minute "safety meeting" at the end of sort last week and the underlying message was "don't run into a train".

This is why.
bilde