177 has a TA.

Part timers are getting screwed big time in New Jersey minimum wage is going up to $8.25 an hour starting rate at ups is going to $10.00 an hour the average part timer works 18 to 20 hours per week that's about $180.00 bucks a week after taxes about $160.00 per week minus about $ 20.00 - $25.00 for gas per week minus car expenses tires,oil chances etc,etc minus union dues that will leave you with an average of about $100.00 to $110.00 for yourself for a back breaking job not worth it deliver pizza on a Friday night at your local pizzeria or dominos for about 7hours and make $100.00 to $110.00 on tips 1 day 7 hours a week.If UPS doesn't chance this soon no one will want to work for them part time or at least no one good and responsible.For a job as hard as this back bracking job the starting salary should be no less than $ 12.00 to $ 13.00 an hour.I started at UPS about 3 months ago for insurance and benefits only I am self employed for about 12 years now and I notice how much trash they hire people that don't give a dam there late every day lazy I work with one guy that's late 3 to 4 times a week 15 to 20 minutes a day not to mentioned the people that quick within the first couple of months.If UPS doesn't change there policy soon (starting pay) there part time help will get worse and worse.
I agree. But that was a master issue and we lost.

IzzyTheNose

A lot of the technology has made the piece per hour that these guys do A lot less then it was 20 years ago.

How's that? If everyone was on rollers 20 years ago, how could working on an extendo be slower? And from what I understand about pre-load and small sort, they've taken the "skill" out of it with this new technology. So they actually expect you to work at a higher rate of speed.