177 supplement rejected

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As per the official website, membership of local 177 has rejected their supplement. Now, the leadership wants input of why?

​Do you think, they really are surprised, or worried about election time?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whether they are surprised or concerned about the upcoming elections is irrelevant----they want the members to tell them why they voted no. Could it be that it had nothing to do with the supplement and everything to do about the national?

stink219

Whether they are surprised or concerned about the upcoming elections is irrelevant----they want the members to tell them why they voted no. Could it be that it had nothing to do with the supplement and everything to do about the national?
Boooooooom!!!!!!! On the money!!!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
If leadership has to ask, then they were not paying attention the first time we told them what was important.

Don't be surprised if there is another "no" vote the second time around, either.

H

hoopdedoo

Local 177 members saw how the current retirees were forgotten and realized the same could happen to them. 177 Teamsters really came together and saw this supplement for the trash it really was. Thank You Local 177 members and keep up the good fight.

H

hoopdedoo

Most important! Keep our healthcare package exactly as is without paying a penny more. God forbid a serious illness happens to you or your loved ones the proposed healthcare plan will wipe out any monetary benefit these people are giving you.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
If there is anyone here in 177 that wants to voice their opinions on the supplement renegotiation, there is a printable form you'll find on the local website. Print it, fill it out, mail it to Hillside.

Don't expect your butt-hurt BA's or rah-rah shop stewards to tell you about it or direct you to it voluntarily. It's due back by the 1st week in July I believe.

stink219

If there is anyone here in 177 that wants to voice their opinions on the supplement renegotiation, there is a printable form you'll find on the local website. Print it, fill it out, mail it to Hillside.

Don't expect your butt-hurt BA's or rah-rah shop stewards to tell you about it or direct you to it voluntarily. It's due back by the 1st week in July I believe.
Yet they posted it on their website? I just created a post on this issue. Your more than welcome to fill it out.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

Yet they posted it on their website? I just created a post on this issue. Your more than welcome to fill it out.

You ask 5 teamsters in 177 what the address for the website is, 2 will say "I don't know", 2 will say "I don't have a computer/use Internet", 1 will be able to tell you.

stink219

[
You ask 5 teamsters in 177 what the address for the website is, 2 will say "I don't know", 2 will say "I don't have a computer/use Internet", 1 will be able to tell you.
Lol. As a steward, I would print a bunch out and hand them to guys as they are walking in (off property of course).

FYI, tell them they can find any local by using http://www.teamsterslocal(insert-local#).org/

Squint

No more work for me!
I love my old brothers and sisters from 177, I knew they'd come through with this vote. I don't suppose us retiree's could fill out this "printable" paper you speak of? Do you think it would help?

opie

I love my old brothers and sisters from 177, I knew they'd come through with this vote. I don't suppose us retiree's could fill out this "printable" paper you speak of? Do you think it would help?
The questionnaire doesn't request any personal information. So it's anonymous, so feel free to submit your concerns.

The Milkman

Most important! Keep our healthcare package exactly as is without paying a penny more. God forbid a serious illness happens to you or your loved ones the proposed healthcare plan will wipe out any monetary benefit these people are giving you.

I agree Hoop...I am also retired from 177 and YES they did the RIGHT thing!!!!!!!!!!

As per the official website, membership of local 177 has rejected their supplement. Now, the leadership wants input of why?

​Do you think, they really are surprised, or worried about election time?

Brother this is good for our local. Our BCs wanted the master to get voted down because they didn't agree with the healthcare issues in the agreement. The numbers weren't adding up with the costs of living in the states that were involved. These states have extremely high costs of living (west coast and local 177) and the insurance companies couldn't offer these great plans because contributions weren't high enough. Hell, they didn't even think they would win a vote to look for a teamster plan. Looking for a teamster plan is still difficult because of cost of living. Now that 17 locals have voted down their local supplements. This gives the union Reps. more power at the table.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

Absolutely do it. You served your time, you paid your dues, you're equally as entitled to a voice at least as far as I'm concerned.

Indecisi0n

If UPS is going to make tons of money moving away from handling our healthcare then why are we taking a hit?

9.5 is a joke. I don't want cash , I want to see my kid.

Harrasment isn't being dealt with.

177 strong!