18 year full-time driver now a forced floater. what a nightmare!

ImDownWithBrown

i gave up a route after 18 years cause i was sick of it. My new route is apparently their favorite training route and i was aware this could happen when i bid it. i am now the #2 floater in my building and know nothing more than those two routes. i can pick any open route on a day to day basis but the problem is i will have to run them by orion, my cell phone, or a map. we all know how these routes are maxed out and if you stumble any where along the way your pretty much :censored2:ed. having to be bailed out by angry coworkers after they finished there routes at 6pm and the condescending attitudes management gives you is enough to make you snap. Whats my best option here as I am rerady to tell them to shove it up their ass after 24 yrs with the company. My management team has maybe a years experience driving if that yet they are the know all guidance and the ones i have to answer too. what a joke! top that off with I.E. shoving it up your ass five days a week when if it were them having to do it they would quit after one days time trying to navigate the days they lay out for us. Im basically a new driver with 18 years seniority! WTF!

ImDownWithBrown

Even more frustrating im given the option to run a 200 stop split car blind or a no brain 5 hour air run with shags all over the place again by a map or my cell phone. Id rather have the day off but i need the money!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
You gave up an 18 year route all on your own because you were sick of it. How is that working for you now? You say you need the money. Sounds like you have yourself a license to print money. C'mon, you've been here 18 years. You know how this works. After 18 years, you know the route backwards and forwards. You know all your customers children, and all of their names. Every lock that ain't locked when no one's around. I looked at like it gets easier, not boring. Pull on your big boy pants and next time bids come around, maybe you can bid on some old boring route. Good luck!

T

Turdferguson

If you think the condescending attitude of management and mad coworkers who bail you out were bad, wait until some of the people on this forum wake up and see this beauty of a post. You will not find much sympathy on here from many.

T

Turdferguson

Oh! I almost forgot
giphy.gif

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Even more frustrating im given the option to run a 200 stop split car blind or a no brain 5 hour air run with shags all over the place again by a map or my cell phone. Id rather have the day off but i need the money!

If you mean running air for five hours and then misloads all day, I would have killed for that gravy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
i gave up a route after 18 years cause i was sick of it. My new route is apparently their favorite training route and i was aware this could happen when i bid it. i am now the #2 floater in my building and know nothing more than those two routes. i can pick any open route on a day to day basis but the problem is i will have to run them by orion, my cell phone, or a map. we all know how these routes are maxed out and if you stumble any where along the way your pretty much :censored2:ed. having to be bailed out by angry coworkers after they finished there routes at 6pm and the condescending attitudes management gives you is enough to make you snap. Whats my best option here as I am rerady to tell them to shove it up their ass after 24 yrs with the company. My management team has maybe a years experience driving if that yet they are the know all guidance and the ones i have to answer too. what a joke! top that off with I.E. shoving it up your ass five days a week when if it were them having to do it they would quit after one days time trying to navigate the days they lay out for us. Im basically a new driver with 18 years seniority! WTF!
image.jpeg

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you mean running air for five hours and then misloads all day, I would have killed for that gravy.

I think it's the other way around. Come in around noon and play fetch from other drivers getting their OA's and running them and then running an air run at night and picking up letter boxes and such.

ImDownWithBrown

LOL. Theres two or three with a brain. the rest either cant read or are just angry little smartass'. I guess Ill just stay with the gravy while the the others hump 130 stops all day.