1800dontcallus

Goldilocks

B.S. only way that would happen if someone just sat a package there never called it in and ground never was there for months

It happens everyday....I walk into a stop and a customer claims this Ground Pkg has been sitting here and no one will pick it up...And yes they did call in....Face it, Express cleans up a lot of Grounds messes.....

DontThrowPackages

It happens everyday....I walk into a stop and a customer claims this Ground Pkg has been sitting here and no one will pick it up...And yes they did call in....Face it, Express cleans up a lot of Grounds messes.....
Some drivers tell the customer ground must pick it up or else they don't get paid and walk out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I deliver to our local Social Security office. They had a FedEx Ground prepaid all ready to go----the driver refused to take it as they had not called it in. They in turn called the shipper and requested a UPS Call Tag be issued for that very same package. I made their delivery, she pointed to the package, I slapped the call tag right over the top of the prepaid ground label and went on my way.

I can understand if the driver doesn't know anything about the package. We have customers bitch all the time about their prepaids not being picked up; however, when the consignee is standing right there pointing at the prepaid package and you refuse to take it simply because it wasn't called in that is poor customer service.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I deliver to our local Social Security office. They had a FedEx Ground prepaid all ready to go----the driver refused to take it as they had not called it in. They in turn called the shipper and requested a UPS Call Tag be issued for that very same package. I made their delivery, she pointed to the package, I slapped the call tag right over the top of the prepaid ground label and went on my way.

I can understand if the driver doesn't know anything about the package. We have customers bitch all the time about their prepaids not being picked up; however, when the consignee is standing right there pointing at the prepaid package and you refuse to take it simply because it wasn't called in that is poor customer service.

Hey, we are all about poor customer service. We excel at not excelling.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is not true at all. I hear nothing but praise for the Express guys with whom I share parts of my delivery area.

There are individual Express employees who provide outstanding service, but overall, our customer service is heading downward every day. With each passing day, and each stupid new policy dictate, FedEx turns more employees off and creates a scenario where it is increasingly impossible to provide excellent service. These days, few of us feel motivated to do anything other than throw the box at a door. Since you come from a position of relative privilege (high wages, no insurance costs etc.), you seem to think that we have some sort of duty to "perform" even if we get treated like crap. Perhaps that's your Libertarian slant coming through, but most of us have no regrets about slowing it down and not giving good service.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Relative privilege? I won't bore you but let's just say that my childhood has made me appreciate the value of a dollar.

I wasn't talking about your childhood. I'm talking about NOW. Like sph said, easy to say when you're making about twice what we do for about the same level of work.

MAKAVELI

You forget that I didn't start at $32/hr and that I worked harder when I first started as I was trying to get a FT job.
Nobody disputes that you guys and gals had to pay your dues and earn the wages you get once you make full time. The problem with FedEx is there is no progression in wages and no incentive to put in 110%. Wages have stagnated and insurance premiums increased every year. With inflation if you started 10- 15 years ago you are making less now then when you started.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You forget that I didn't start at $32/hr and that I worked harder when I first started as I was trying to get a FT job.

Hey, I can work twice as hard as you and be twice as productive and I will never make $32/hr at FedEx. And how do you know you worked harder Horatio? I'm sure there are a lot of other boot-strapping stories here that put yours to shame. You just don't "get" FedEx, do you?

DinkyDog

I take it this person is a little disgruntled with the company and so they take it out on the customers in their area. I thought I was there to service the customer and take care of their needs to show that they can count on me (FedEx). What an inconvenience, to have to take a package, request a walk up and pup a stop in the same building that I'm delivering to. The nerve

CJinx

I don't understand why a ground driver would not pick up a package with a prepaid label on it after it had been brought to their attention. I believe that contractors/ISPs still get paid for unscheduled pickups, aren't they just shooting themselves in the foot and damaging the brand by refusing to do so?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I don't understand why a ground driver would not pick up a package with a prepaid label on it after it had been brought to their attention. I believe that contractors/ISPs still get paid for unscheduled pickups, aren't they just shooting themselves in the foot and damaging the brand by refusing to do so?

oh that train left the station a long time ago

fedupped

I take it this person is a little disgruntled with the company and so they take it out on the customers in their area. I thought I was there to service the customer and take care of their needs to show that they can count on me (FedEx). What an inconvenience, to have to take a package, request a walk up and pup a stop in the same building that I'm delivering to. The nerve

You picked a strange time and place for your second post in 7 months. Plant?..alias for a different screen name? NORTHBOUND?? is that..you?

fedupped

Ok Dink, Since you dont seem to have any experience in a busy market I'll tell you my job. I am paid to deliver my stops as quickly as possible and to hit my return to building time which is calculated by DRA. EVERY residential stop is released at door with a knock and then my backside as I jump in the truck. If I dont hit my goals I am greeted with an olcc. Multiple olcc are met with a letter. 3 letters is met with termination. That is what I do. Customers who want a pickup can either drop it off or schedule an oncall. Or hope someone will eventually come by. This is the procedure for as long as I can remember...approaching 30 years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ok Dink, Since you dont seem to have any experience in a busy market I'll tell you my job. I am paid to deliver my stops as quickly as possible and to hit my return to building time which is calculated by DRA. EVERY residential stop is released at door with a knock and then my backside as I jump in the truck. If I dont hit my goals I am greeted with an olcc. Multiple olcc are met with a letter. 3 letters is met with termination. That is what I do. Customers who want a pickup can either drop it off or schedule an oncall. Or hope someone will eventually come by. This is the procedure for as long as I can remember...approaching 30 years.

You forgot the increasing expectations/diminishing pay and benefits part. An extra OLCC for you.