1800dontcallus

northbound

I take it this person is a little disgruntled with the company and so they take it out on the customers in their area. I thought I was there to service the customer and take care of their needs to show that they can count on me (FedEx). What an inconvenience, to have to take a package, request a walk up and pup a stop in the same building that I'm delivering to. The nerve

You picked a strange time and place for your second post in 7 months. Plant?..alias for a different screen name? NORTHBOUND?? is that..you?

Multiple screen names isn't my style

HomeDelivery

I don't understand why a ground driver would not pick up a package with a prepaid label on it after it had been brought to their attention. I believe that contractors/ISPs still get paid for unscheduled pickups, aren't they just shooting themselves in the foot and damaging the brand by refusing to do so?

i did this a few times already (both at residential & business stops) & my scanner won't accept unscheduled p/ups so i just slapped a status tag with a note for the QA clerk that does the morning audits... was yelled at the first time, but never again after i keep on doing it

hypo hanna

I take it this person is a little disgruntled with the company and so they take it out on the customers in their area. I thought I was there to service the customer and take care of their needs to show that they can count on me (FedEx). What an inconvenience, to have to take a package, request a walk up and pup a stop in the same building that I'm delivering to. The nerve

"Me", does not equal "FedEx".

hypo hanna

I don't understand why a ground driver would not pick up a package with a prepaid label on it after it had been brought to their attention. I believe that contractors/ISPs still get paid for unscheduled pickups, aren't they just shooting themselves in the foot and damaging the brand by refusing to do so?
As a dispatcher I hated it when ground drivers grabbed express packages. I hated it for the same reason I hated it when UPS or USPS had one. There is no way to track it! Customer doesn't see the pickup scan and calls in a trace. Now I have to go find a pkg that isn't even in our system. Another reason you should not be doing it is there probably is a dispatch scheduled for the pkg. the express driver goes there and since there is no pkg, its a nonproductive stop. Another indice we are watched closely on.

Express couriers should leave ground pkgs alone. Ground drivers should leave express pkgs alone! If an express courier finds a UPS pkg in his drop box, he should drop it in the nearest UPS box. UPS drivers should do the same.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

hypo hanna;Express couriers should leave ground pkgs alone. Ground drivers should leave express pkgs alone! If an express courier finds a UPS pkg in his drop box said:
I agree to a point. If I find an Express package in one of my drop boxes and cannot get to an Express drop box before they are picked up or find an Express driver I will bring it to the Express station, which is one mile from our center. I get a kick out of walking in there and handing them one of their packages and the customer is taken care of.

I was in the mall getting ready to do my drop box pickup and there was a family sittiing there waiting for me. Turns out they had put 9 pieces of mail in to the box. The father asked me what we do when we find mail in one of our boxes----I jokingly told him that we find the nearest trash can but then told him that we put them in the mail box out by the front door of the mall.

You can't fix stupid.

whenIgetthere

As a dispatcher I hated it when ground drivers grabbed express packages. I hated it for the same reason I hated it when UPS or USPS had one. There is no way to track it! Customer doesn't see the pickup scan and calls in a trace. Now I have to go find a pkg that isn't even in our system. Another reason you should not be doing it is there probably is a dispatch scheduled for the pkg. the express driver goes there and since there is no pkg, its a nonproductive stop. Another indice we are watched closely on.

Express couriers should leave ground pkgs alone. Ground drivers should leave express pkgs alone! If an express courier finds a UPS pkg in his drop box, he should drop it in the nearest UPS box. UPS drivers should do the same.

I was on a route a few weeks ago and I had six unproductive pick-up stops because the ground guy took the package(s) before I got there. When I saw him at a stop later,I told him not to that. He said he was saving me time, and he thought he was. Problem was, they all had 1600 or later ready times, and he was taking them before the ready times, hence the reason it/they were still sitting there. I also explained he really wasn't saving me time since I still had to go to these stops and PUX43 them, since I didn't know he had the packages. When I mentioned this to the regular driver, he said the ground guy calls him on his cell when he does so. Just a total cluster for a swing on the route, though.

hypo hanna

I agree to a point. If I find an Express package in one of my drop boxes and cannot get to an Express drop box before they are picked up or find an Express driver I will bring it to the Express station, which is one mile from our center. I get a kick out of walking in there and handing them one of their packages and the customer is taken care of.

and I do the same for any UPS pkgs I find in my drop boxes. It's just common courtesy. Hanging on to them Does no one any good.