19 year ups driver fired for flat tire in melville ny building

beatupbrown

I t was my experience at my center when they are gunning for you they keep firing you tell it sticks. What horrible thing were you doing to get the bull eyes on you? Taking your lunch, not running , not preloading you truck off the clock ,Cutting a base car near you , giving you half and you are not able to get it done?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
took 2 week suspension though to wipe out multiple frivolous warning letters ranging from no socks in summer, shirt unbuttoned too far, radio in cab, no belt, letter on dash, need i continue.
Wow, so clean that they are filing frivolous warning letters? Really that stupid to post that they were frivolous, but yet you accepted a 2 week suspension to settle the most frivolous ones? Where I come from, we call that really stupid.

No socks, how stupid. Going by your home while on route and going swimming? Really stupid. Nothing like so many things you are giving them to nail your skin to the wall. Problem is, you dont have the smarts needed to know you are your own worst enemy.

But again, this is what happens when those that insist on doing the job their way, by their rules, and thinking UPS trying to enforce their rules are frivolous actions.

Another prime example too of a runner/gunner that has fallen out of favor. Like a $2 ho, they dont want to keep you around.

But beyond all the saber rattling you are trying, I smell an 804 troll........

d

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
0nly two things to say. i know the original poster and hes legit. nothing he has said is made up that i know of and hes no troll. a little crazy at times, but he's bustin his ass as hard as any other driver in that center. and yes the gentleman in that video is a on car sup.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Busting your behind for the company really does not tell us a thing about him. That in itself does not make him a good or bad employee. But a lot of people dont get that.

And everyone is a bit crazy at times.

And for petes sake, what the heck does the video have to do with the subject of getting fired? What your on car does on his own time really has no bearing on what he does at work. Or is the poster the female in the vid?

So with what has been posted, we have a driver that insists on doing thing that the company does not condone. He has been warned, suspended, and fired for those things. After arbitration, the union rep got his job back after agreeing to reduce it to a suspension and agreement not to doing those things that got him fired in the first place.

And the poster thinks all this is frivolous harassment? I disagree. He is his own worst enemy, and the best tool the company has to make a termination stick. He happens to be the only one that cant figure that out.

So while you state he is legit, I would say not for long without major changes in attitude.

Ahhhh....Good luck with that.

d

Busting your behind for the company really does not tell us a thing about him. That in itself does not make him a good or bad employee. But a lot of people dont get that.

And everyone is a bit crazy at times.

And for petes sake, what the heck does the video have to do with the subject of getting fired? What your on car does on his own time really has no bearing on what he does at work. Or is the poster the female in the vid?

So with what has been posted, we have a driver that insists on doing thing that the company does not condone. He has been warned, suspended, and fired for those things. After arbitration, the union rep got his job back after agreeing to reduce it to a suspension and agreement not to doing those things that got him fired in the first place.

And the poster thinks all this is frivolous harassment? I disagree. He is his own worst enemy, and the best tool the company has to make a termination stick. He happens to be the only one that cant figure that out.

So while you state he is legit, I would say not for long without major changes in attitude.

Ahhhh....Good luck with that.

d

+1

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I would be concerned about the inside tire casing coming apart and taking out a brake line.

That's 1 of many reasons why there are laws for not driving a car that is a road hazard. Just because a manager wants you to get those stops off doesn't make it not illegal. I would of refused it based on it being a hazard. Brake line gets smacked off then what.

How is it UPS can site us for so many non accidents. Can someone in California take these non accident accidents to class action court and get us out of this mess we're in threw LAW. Harrasment is harrasment and not an incedent.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Love is blind? AT least you could understand the words, and there was actually a tune to the song.

Still trying to figure out if the gf and the op are the same......

d

satellitedriver

That must be a Texas satellite thing because because I haven't saw that in sometime.
Maybe it is.
I am pretty sure that I am -( and the route)-the oldest solo satellite driver in the State of Texas.
When I am on back wood dirt roads at 9'clock at night, and can not get cell reception, I like the ability to get myself out of the fix.
I carry a thirty pound bag, that I call my Bat belt.
First aid supplies, USMC trenching tool, -(to dig myself out if I get stuck)- and other sundries.
I prefer to depend on myself, before I depend on others.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maybe it is.
I am pretty sure that I am -( and the route)-the oldest solo satellite driver in the State of Texas.
When I am on back wood dirt roads at 9'clock at night, and can not get cell reception, I like the ability to get myself out of the fix.
I carry a thirty pound bag, that I call my Bat belt.
First aid supplies, USMC trenching tool, -(to dig myself out if I get stuck)- and other sundries.
I prefer to depend on myself, before I depend on others.

How many miles are you driving on an average day.....it sounds like you are delivering many little towns and out there with the snakes and tumbleweeds....