1984 in america. orwell rolls in his grave

rickyb

"Any state that has the capacity to monitor all its citizenry, any state that has the ability to snuff out factual public debate through control of information, any state that has the tools to instantly shut down all dissent is totalitarian. Our corporate state may not use this power today. But it will use it if it feels threatened by a population made restive by its corruption, ineptitude and mounting repression. The moment a popular movement arises—and one will arise—that truly confronts our corporate masters, our venal system of total surveillance will be thrust into overdrive."

"Any state that has the capacity to monitor all its citizenry, any state that has the ability to snuff out factual public debate through control of information, any state that has the tools to instantly shut down all dissent is totalitarian. Our corporate state may not use this power today. But it will use it if it feels threatened by a population made restive by its corruption, ineptitude and mounting repression. The moment a popular movement arises—and one will arise—that truly confronts our corporate masters, our venal system of total surveillance will be thrust into overdrive."

"When you control the mail, you control information."

oldngray

nowhere special
ripcanada.jpg

wkmac

"When you control the mail, you control information."

“There is no such thing, at this date of the world’s history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar weekly salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities, and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.”
– John Swinton, former New York Times Chief of Staff

“The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media.”
– William Colby, former CIA director

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”
– William Casey, CIA Director (from first staff meeting, 1981)

“Deception is a state of mind and the mind of the State.”
– James Angleton, head of CIA counter intelligence from 1954-1974

” I will splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the winds.”
– John friend. Kennedy

“I never would have agreed to the formulation of the Central Intelligence Agency back in forty-seven, if I had known it would become the American Gestapo.”
– Harry S. Truman

rickyb

The Govt's treatment of MLK demonstrates the inherent danger of the unlimited surveillance state.

MLK proved Edward Snowden right

yea when the NSA was asked how much terrorism has it stopped it amounted to 1 event of an $8500 wire transfer to some terrorist organization....

you are more likely to be killed by a toddler than a terrorist. you are more likely to be killed by your furniture than a terrorist.

the military industrial complex moved from the germans, to the russians, to the terrorists. it always has an enemy. permanent war.

obama continued and accelerated the attack on civil liberties which began under bush. this :censored2: is migrating to canada too.

wkmac

yea when the NSA was asked how much terrorism has it stopped it amounted to 1 event of an $8500 wire transfer to some terrorist organization....

you are more likely to be killed by a toddler than a terrorist. you are more likely to be killed by your furniture than a terrorist.

the military industrial complex moved from the germans, to the russians, to the terrorists. it always has an enemy. permanent war.

obama continued and accelerated the attack on civil liberties which began under bush. this :censored2: is migrating to canada too.

As one threat (problem) dies in serving its purpose, a new problem will arise to take its place. Without a problem or a crisis, then of what purpose would gov't serve? Thus begs the question so few want to even ask!

To quote one of my favorite lines from the movie Apocalypse Now:

rickyb

As one threat (problem) dies in serving its purpose, a new problem will arise to take its place. Without a problem or a crisis, then of what purpose would gov't serve? Thus begs the question so few want to even ask!

To quote one of my favorite lines from the movie Apocalypse Now:

what does the boat represent again? the narrowing river was the psyche. apocalypse now is one of my all time favorite movies and it accurately shows the absurdities of american foreign entanglements.

but i think the matrix is closer:

rickyb

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/utah-considers-cutting-water-nsas-monster-data-center/

The goal of wholesale surveillance, as Arendt wrote in “The Origins of Totalitarianism,” is not, in the end, to discover crimes, “but to be on hand when the government decides to arrest a certain category of the population.” And because Americans’ emails, phone conversations, Web searches and geographical movements are recorded and stored in perpetuity in government databases, there will be more than enough “evidence” to seize us should the state deem it necessary. This information waits like a deadly virus inside government vaults to be turned against us. It does not matter how trivial or innocent that information is. In totalitarian states, justice, like truth, is irrelevant.

P

pickup

Boo! *big grin*

I guess with Harper, your ex prime minister(and dictator) , being out of office that the controls on internet access are loosened and that you are able to communicate across country borders again. Welcome back to the international community, Herr Klein.

P

pickup

By the way, Mr. Klein, I remember when you gloatingly posted that the canadian dollar was worth 1.05 american dollars. I got news for you:

1 Canadian Dollar equals
0.75 US Dollar

as of today.

klein

Für Meno :)
I guess with Harper, your ex prime minister(and dictator) , being out of office that the controls on internet access are loosened and that you are able to communicate across country borders again. Welcome back to the international community, Herr Klein.
Well, I actually became very sick & had to seek great medical care, including living with my mom & later on with a brother. I was down to just 49 kg in weight.
Had no Internet services & even if I could, my eyesight got lost as well.
Just had eye surgeries, & all went well and I can see, again.
On the other side, my feet feel constantly frozen and I also suffer from cronic pancreatitis. Taking morphine for that & nerve pills for feet.
Still feeling sick each & everyday.
But as of yesterday, I found out that a UPS driver who had trained me past away, at only 50yrs old.
He was an awesome fellow and he is totally missed!
My condolences to family, friends and relatives.