1st day of driving on Monday (package car)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Way better products than baby powder out there. Usually just forcing myself not to go commando works for me though.

gotbrown

Bring plenty of water , and then make sure you drink it eat when possible. Don't get so caught up impressing your sup. Because he/she prob wont even stop to take a leak never mind a drink. Then do what they say and pay attention the rest will come. Oh and don't get be concern of how many boxes are in the truck, it empty's out eventually.... lastly have some Ibuprofin when you get home first week or two will be tough on your body.

srvhero

"leastbest"
Take your breaks. All of your breaks. You will NEED your breaks. If you work through your breaks you will be given additional work or be required to help another poor soul. Take NO more and NO less. Pay attention to your methods, this will help you become faster. Do not try to make up time by speeding, running, or cutting corners. Your safety and that of the public's is VERY important. You cant provide for yourself or your family when your injured. Stretch and drink water. Carry a hand towel to wipe your sweat or your tears, whichever come first. Welcome to the team.

Lots of water. I get a mailbin and put dr bags inside of it and fill it with ice, and then stick all my fluids in there, and I put a rag in the ice to put around my neck when I start feeling dehydrated.

UPSGUY72

Take your time it's only card board your delivering. One stop at a time speed will come with time. You don't want to get into any accidents or get hurt.

union4life

1. If you have never been a professional driver, take the time to learn the methods and do the job safely. Knowing the methods and using them are 2 different things. When they become habits you are home free.

2. Don't get caught up in the rush. Remember, every stop is a chance to improve upon your execution of the methods. Speed and efficiency will come simply through the repitition, but you will need to make a conscience effort to do the job right.

3. Remember this, you cant go wrong by doing right. Be honest and don't try to cover up any screw ups.

Not sure if you will be doing a resi route or a business route. But as it was said before, don't let the boxes scare you. I've seen a few driver throw fits about the cardboard in there brown buggy.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
To refer to or to hide behind? The latter seems to have worked out well for you.
And when you get slammed for something you say or do, don't ask for back up. You said it, you did it, you own it. You fix it. Folow the rules, record your breaks, be it in the restroom, the snack shack, or on your cell phone. It all adds up during your training time. Later you will learn when to break, when to accept calls, when to return calls. Never ever talk on the phone while driving, you are not that good yet, and no one is. Get through qualifying, then yo can learn the rest, right now its about the numbers. Record all over weights, all prepaid pick ups, your total pieces you load, and unload, under inside building time. Good luck